Analog Devices, Inc. designs and manufactures a wide range of analog, mixed signal, and digital signal processing integrated circuits (ICs). The company offers data converters, amplifiers and linear products, radio frequency (RF) ICs, power management products, and signal processing products, into technology platforms that meet specific customer and market needs, leveraging its engineering investment across a base of markets and customers. The company has presence in over 40 countries outside North America.
The company operates wafer fabrication facilities in Wilmington, Massachusetts and Limerick, Ireland and test facilities located in the Philippines. It serves over 100,000 customers worldwide with major presence in the US, Europe, North America, South America, China, Japan, and other Asian markets.
Analog Devices operates through one reportable segment which consists of designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing a range of integrated circuits. However, the company's operations can be classified into six product categories: Analog Products; Converters; Amplifiers/Radio Frequency; Other Analog; Power Management and Reference; and Digital Signal Processing.
The company produces and markets a range of high performance analog ICs for the customers including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and customers who build electronic subsystems for integration into larger systems.
Analog Devices also supplies data converter products that translate real-world analog signals into digital data and also translate digital data into analog signals. These products are supplied to customers in the industrial, automotive, consumer, and communications electronics industry.
Through it’s Amplifiers/Radio Frequency category, the company supplies the high performance amplifiers that are used to condition analog signals. Within this product portfolio, Analog Devices provide precision, instrumentation, high speed, intermediate frequency/RF, broadband, and other amplifiers. It also offer a range of precision voltage references that are used in a variety of applications.
Within Other Analog technology portfolio, the company offer products that are based on MEMS technology. The MEMS product portfolio includes accelerometers used to sense acceleration, gyroscopes used to sense rotation, inertial measurement units used to sense multiple degrees of freedom combining multiple sensing types along multiple axes. In addition to MEMS products, the other analog product category includes isolators used in patient monitoring, smart metering applications and satellites, among others.
The Power Management and Reference products include functions such as power conversion, driver monitoring, sequencing and energy management. These products are developed to complement analog signal chain components across core market segments from micro power, energy-sensitive battery applications to high performance power systems in infrastructure and industrial applications.
The Digital Signal Processing products (DSPs) are optimized for high-speed numeric calculations. Programmable DSPs are designed to provide the flexibility to modify the device's function quickly and inexpensively using software. The DSPs are designed in families of products that share common architectures and therefore can execute the same software across a range of products. The company offers general-purpose and application-specific DSP products. The general-purpose DSP IC customers write their own algorithms using software development tools provided by the company.
However, the company summarizes its revenues by end markets: industrial, communications, consumer, and automotive. In FY2016, the industrial market reported revenues of $1,502 million, which accounted for 43.9% of the company's total revenue, the communications market reported revenues of $690.2 million, which accounted for 20.2% of the company's total revenue. The consumer market reported revenues of $688.3 million, which accounted for 20.1% of the company's total revenue in FY2016. Further, the automotive market reported revenues of $540.9 million, which accounted for 15.8% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into six segments, namely the US, Rest of North and South America, Europe, Japan, China and Rest of Asia. In FY2016, the US accounted for 38% of the company's total revenues, followed by Rest of North and South America with 2.8%; Europe with 27%; Japan with 8.5%; China with 16.8%; and Rest of Asia with 6.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Analog Devices, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Analog Devices, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Analog Devices, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Analog Devices, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Analog Devices, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Analog Devices, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Analog Devices, Inc.?
- How has Analog Devices, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Analog Devices, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Analog Devices, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Analog Devices, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Analog Devices, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years