Activision Blizzard, Inc. is an entertainment company engaged in developing and publishing games. The company offers games that operate on Microsoft's Xbox One and Xbox 360; Nintendo's Wii U and Wii; and Sony's PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 console systems; the PC; the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Dual Screen and Sony PlayStation Vita handheld game systems; and mobile and tablet devices. The company has a widespread geographic presence with majority of its operations in North America.
The company operates through two business segments: Activision Publishing (Activision) and Blizzard Entertainment (Blizzard).
Activision segment is an international developer and publisher of interactive software products and content. The segment develops games primarily based on internally-developed properties, as well as some licensed intellectual properties. It sells games through both retail channels and digital online channels. Activision delivers content to a broad range of gamers, ranging from children to adults, and from core gamers to mass-market consumers to "value" buyers seeking budget-priced software, in a variety of geographies. The company's franchises include Call of Duty, Skylander, and Destiny, among others. Additionally, the company has established a long-term alliance with Bungie to publish its game universe, Destiny.
Blizzard is a development studio and publisher of online subscription-based games in the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) category. Blizzard also develops, markets, and sells role-playing action and strategy games for the PC, console, mobile and tablet platforms. In addition, Blizzard maintains a proprietary online-game related service called Battle.net, which facilitates the creation of user generated content, digital distribution and online social connectivity across all Blizzard games. It distributes its products and generates revenues through subscriptions; sales of prepaid subscription cards; in-game purchases and services; retail sales of physical "boxed" products; online download sales of PC products; purchases and downloads through third-party console, mobile and tablet platforms; and licensing of software to third-party or related party companies. Its franchises include World of Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, Hearthston: Heroes of Warcraft, and Heroes of the Storm.
The company's other businesses include Activision Blizzard Media Networks (Media Networks), Activision Blizzard Studios (Studios), and Activision Blizzard Distribution (Distribution). Media Networks is a business division dedicated to eSports. Studios business is engaged in creating film and television content based on the company's library of intellectual properties. Distribution business consists of operations in Europe that provide warehousing, logistical, and sales distribution services to third-party publishers of interactive entertainment software, company's own publishing operations, and manufacturers of interactive entertainment hardware. Activision Blizzard distributes virtual entertainment products in Europe through its European distribution subsidiaries: Centresoft, in the UK, and NBG, in Germany. These subsidiaries provide packaging, logistical and sales services. In addition, they offer services to various third-party publishers, including Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Activision Blizzard, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Activision Blizzard, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Activision Blizzard, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Activision Blizzard, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Activision Blizzard, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Activision Blizzard, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Activision Blizzard, Inc.?
- How has Activision Blizzard, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Activision Blizzard, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Activision Blizzard, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Activision Blizzard, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Activision Blizzard, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years