A. Schulman, Inc. is an international supplier of high-performance plastic formulations, resins, and services, which are used in a variety of packaging, mobility, building and construction, electronics and electrical, agriculture, personal care and hygiene, custom services, and sports, home and leisure markets. The company has its operations in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions.
The company's operations are classified into five business segments: Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); United States and Canada (USCAN); Latin America (LATAM); Asia Pacific (APAC); and Engineered Composites (EC). In FY2016, EMEA segment reported revenues of $1,240 million, which accounted for 49.7% of the company's total revenue. In FY2016, USCAN segment reported revenues of $691.4 million, which accounted for 27.7% of the company's total revenue. In FY2016, LATAM segment reported revenues of $171.7 million, which accounted for 6.9% of the company's total revenue. In FY2016, APAC segment reported revenues of $186.9 million, which accounted for 7.5% of the company's total revenue. In FY2016, the EC segment reported revenues of $206.1 million, which accounted for 8.2% of the company's total revenue.
The company operates in six product families: custom performance colors (CPC), engineered composites, masterbatch solutions, engineered plastics, specialty powders and distribution services. CPC offers powdered, pelletized, and liquid color concentrates that are custom-designed to enhance virtually all thermoplastic resins. These concentrates are available separately, or can be combined with additives as a complete package providing additional functionality such as weather resistance. In many instances, the company's products are designed to deliver multiple attributes to meet customer needs. The company's CPC offering includes standard and customized colors; organic and inorganic pigments; high chroma colors in translucent or opaque formats; and special effects including but not limited to metallic, pearlescent (shimmer), thermochromatic (heat sensitive), photochromatic (light sensitive), fluorescent, phosphorescent (glow-in-the-dark) and interference (color shift) technologies. Engineered composites are comprised of highly filled compounds which include thermoset bulk molding compounds (BMC), sheet molding compounds (SMC), thick molding compounds (TMC), and high performance “Quantum" engineered structural composites (ESC) solutions solutions for multi-national original equipment manufacturers and custom molders that use these products in injection and compression molding processes.
Additionally, engineered composites include vertically integrated molding and value-added post molding services. Masterbatches, which are also referred to as concentrates, are often the key ingredient in a successful application product formula. The company's masterbatch product portfolio includes concentrates, additive solutions, and application solutions. Engineered plastics provide performance characteristics by combining high-performance polymer resins with various modifiers, reinforcements, additives and pigments, which result in a compound tailored to meet stringent customer specifications for durable applications. The company’s products are often developed to replace metal or other traditional materials. It offers a portfolio based on a variety of polymers within the engineered plastics product family.
The company's specialty powders includes size reduction services and material sales for applications such as rotational molding, oil and gas, sports and leisure, and other markets. The majority of the company's size reduction services involve ambient grinding, a mechanical attrition milling process suitable for products which do not require ultrafine particle size and are not highly heat sensitive. Schulman also provides jet milling services used for products requiring very fine particle size such as additives for printing ink, adhesives, waxes and cosmetics.
The company offers toll compounding services to customers primarily in the specialty powders product family. The company’s distribution services offerings include specialty polymers for all processing types, including injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming and film and sheet extruding. As a distributor, the company works with global polymer producers to assist in servicing a market segment that is either not easily accessible to the producer, or does not fit efficiently into the producer's core customer segment or supply chain. As a merchant, the company buys, repackages into A. Schulman labeled packaging, and resells producer grade polymers to its own customer segment, providing sales, marketing and technical services where required. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Germany, France, and Other International. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 32.4% of the company's total revenues, followed by Germany with 16.7%; France with 6.8%; and Other International with 44.1%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of A. Schulman, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about A. Schulman, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines A. Schulman, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases A. Schulman, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of A. Schulman, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does A. Schulman, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of A. Schulman, Inc.?
- How has A. Schulman, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does A. Schulman, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are A. Schulman, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are A. Schulman, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of A. Schulman, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years