Actelion Ltd. is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of drugs for the treatment of diseases across various therapeutic areas including cardiovascular disorders, central nervous system disorders, infectious diseases, cancer, and immunological disorders. It has operations in more than 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The company operates in one segment, which primarily focuses on discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines for unmet medical needs. However, the company derives majority of its revenues from the sales of its seven products: Tracleer (bosentan), Opsumit (macitentan), Uptravi (selexipag), Zavesca (miglustat), Veletri (epoprostenol for injection), Ventavis (iloprost), and Valchlor (mechlorethamine).
Tracleer is an oral endothelin receptor antagonist used for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). The company currently markets Tracleer in over 60 markets, including the US, the European Union (EU), and Japan. In FY2016, Tracleer recorded sales of CHF1,020 million, which accounted for 42.3% of the company's total product sales.
Opsumit is used for the treatment of PAH (WHO Group I) to delay disease progression. Opsumit is commercially available in over 45 markets, including the US, Germany, and Japan. In Europe, it is indicated, as monotherapy or in combination, for the long-term treatment of PAH in adult patients of WHO Functional Class (FC) II to III. In FY2016, Opsumit recorded sales of CHF831 million, which accounted for 34.4% of the company's total product sales.
Uptravi is an oral selective IP receptor agonist targeting the prostacyclin pathway in PAH. In the US, it is indicated for the treatment of PAH (WHO Group I) to delay disease progression and reduce the risk of hospitalization for PAH where as in Europe, Uptravi is indicated for the long-term treatment of PAH in adult patients with WHO FC II-III. Uptravi is available in 9 countries, including the US and Germany. It has received market authorization in Australia, Canada, the EU, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland and the US. In FY2016, Uptravi recorded sales of CHF245 million, which accounted for 10.2% of the company's total product sales.
Zavesca is an orally active competitive, reversible inhibitor of glucosylceramide synthase. In the US, it is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with mild to moderate type 1 Gaucher disease (GD-1) for whom enzyme replacement therapy is not a therapeutic option. In the EU, Zavesca is also indicated for the treatment of progressive neurological manifestations in adult patients and paediatric patients with Niemann-Pick type C (NP-C) disease. In FY2016, Zavesca recorded sales of CHF104 million, which accounted for 4.3% of the company's total product sales.
Veletri is indicated for the treatment of PAH (WHO Group 1) to improve exercise capacity. Veletri is available in 17 markets, including the US, Switzerland and Canada (marketed as Caripul), Japan (marketed as Epoprostenol ACT), and some European markets. In FY2016, Veletri recorded sales of CHF97 million, which accounted for 4% of the company's total product sales.
Ventavis, an inhaled formulation of iloprost, is indicated for the treatment of PAH (WHO Group 1) to improve a composite endpoint consisting of exercise tolerance, symptoms (NYHA Class), and lack of deterioration. Actelion markets its drug in the US through its subsidiary, CoTherix. In FY2016, Ventavis recorded sales of CHF73 million, which accounted for 3% of the company's total product sales.
Valchlor is a gel used for skin related treatments. In the US, Valchlor gel is indicated for the topical treatment of stage IA and IB mycosis fungoides-type cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (MF-CTCL) in patients who have received prior skin-directed therapy. In FY2016, Valchlor recorded sales of CHF35 million, which accounted for 1.5% of the company's total product sales.
In addition, the company generated sales of CHF8 million from other products in FY2016, which accounted for 0.3% of its total product sales.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely the US, Japan, Switzerland, EU-28, and other countries. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 54.1% of the company's total product sales, followed by Japan with 10.7%; Switzerland with 1.1%; EU-28 countries with 25.7%; and other countries with 8.4%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Actelion Ltd in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Actelion Ltd listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Actelion Ltd’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Actelion Ltd’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Actelion Ltd’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Actelion Ltd operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Actelion Ltd?
- How has Actelion Ltd performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Actelion Ltd rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Actelion Ltd strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Actelion Ltd’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Actelion Ltd? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years