3SBio Inc. (3SBio) is a China-based biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of biopharmaceutical products. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Decade Sunshine Limited (DSL). 3SBio also focuses on addressing markets with medical needs in nephrology, oncology, supportive cancer care, inflammation and infectious diseases. It operates in Asia. As of December 2016, the company had 24 active pipelines, 15 have been developed as National Class I New Drugs in China.
The Group has 10 product candidates in oncology, including eight monoclonal antibody therapeutics; eight product candidates that target auto-immune diseases and other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, refractory gout and Age-Related Macular Degeneration; three product candidates in nephrology, which include the next-generation erythropoiesis-stimulating agents; two product candidates in the metabolic area that target type 2 diabetes; and one product candidate in dermatology.
In the review year, the Group’s nationwide sales and distribution network enabled it to sell its products to approximately 7,800 hospitals and medical institutions in China. The company's core products include EPIAO and TPIAO. EPIAO is an injectable recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO) that is used to stimulate the production of red blood cells in patients with anemia. It also reduces the need for continuous blood transfusions. TPIAO is a recombinant human thrombopoietin (TPO) product used for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia, platelet deficiency and immune thrombocytopenia.
TPIAO is for the treatment of patients undergoing blood stem cell transplantation, cancer chemotherapy and late stage liver diseases. 3SBio also markets intefen, inleusin, IV Iron Sucrose, SEPO, Sparin, Docetaxel, Anastrozole and Azasetron. Intefen is a recombinant human interferon alpha-2a product used for the treatment of malignancies of the lymphatic or hematopoietic system, and viral infectious diseases, including adult chronic hepatitis B, acute and chronic hepatitis C and genital warts.
Inleusin is a recombinant human interleukin-2 or IL-2 product. Inleusin is indicated for the treatment of renal cell carcinoma, a form of kidney cancer; melanoma, a type of skin cancer; and thoracic fluid build-up caused by cancer and tuberculosis. IV Iron Sucrose is an intravenously administered prescription drug that is designed to treat anemia associated with iron deficiency. SEPO is an injectable recombinant human EPO and Sparin is an injectable low-molecular-weight heparin calcium (LMWH-Ca) product. 3SBio also offers products for dermatology such as Man Di (Minoxidil) for the treatment of alopecia areata; Lai Zi (Tacrolimus) for the treatment of androgenic alopecia; Lai Duo Fei (Fexofenadine Hydrochloride) for the treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria; Liranaftate for the treatment of fungal infection of skin; and Amikacin for the treatment of traumatic infection. It also provides Qiming Keli and Yi Li Xi for diabetes; Metadixone for the treatment of alcoholic liver disease and Di Su (BCG Polysaccharide and Nucleic Acid) for the treatment of chronic bronchitis and asthma. The company has three research and development platforms, including a mammalian cell-based platform, a bacterial cell-based platform and a chemical platform. It provides supportive care services in nephrology and oncology covering a range of hospitals in cities supported by a network of distributors and logistics providers in China. For the FY2016, the company reported CNY2,684.32 million or 96% of its total revenue from China operations and CNY112.96 million or 4% from other countries.
Scope of the Report
- -- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of 3SBio Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about 3SBio Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines 3SBio Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases 3SBio Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of 3SBio Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does 3SBio Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of 3SBio Inc.?
- How has 3SBio Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does 3SBio Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are 3SBio Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are 3SBio Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of 3SBio Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
-- 7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
-- 7.1.2 IT Spend
-- 7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
-- 7.2.1 IT Overview
-- 7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
-- 7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
-- 7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
-- 7.2.5 Key IT Management
-- 7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years