3D Systems Corporation is a provider of three dimensional (3D) printing centric solutions. The company offers 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions, including 3D printers, print materials, and cloud sourced custom parts. 3D Systems operates through subsidiaries in the US, Israel, Switzerland, France, Brazil, Belgium, the UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Australia, China, India, Japan and Korea.
The company operates through one reportable segment, however, it generates revenues through three categories: Services; Products; and Materials.
The company provides a range of customer services, local application support and field support for its products, including installation of new printers at customers’ sites, printer warranties, maintenance agreements, periodic hardware upgrades and software updates. 3D systems’ services portfolio includes warranty, maintenance, and training services; on-demand solutions; software services; and healthcare services. Warranty, maintenance, and training services include a range of customer services, local application support and field support for its products. For its 3D printers and software, the company provides field support either directly or through a network of authorized resellers or other sources. The services and field support provided by 3D Systems includes installation of new printers at customers’ sites, printer warranties, several maintenance agreement options and a range of hardware upgrades and software updates. In addition, the company offers upgrade kits for some of its printers.
The company’s on-demand solutions include a range of prototyping, production and finishing capabilities for precision plastic and metal parts and tooling with a range of additive and traditional manufacturing processes. It also provide on-demand professional 3D scanning, printing and parts production related to the entertainment industry through its Gentle Giant brand. 3D Systems also offers software services that include post sale software maintenance, updates and software support for its software products. The company offers healthcare services under its Simbionix brand. The company provides modeling and design services which include virtual surgical planning (VSP). In FY2016, the Services category reported revenues of $252.6 million, which accounted for 39.9% of the company's total revenue.
The products offered by the company include a range of 3D printers, print materials, software, haptic devices, scanners and virtual surgical simulators. The 3D printers offered by the company include stereolithography (SLA) printers, selective laser sintering (SLS) printers, direct metal printing (DMP) printers, multi jet printing (MJP) printers and color jet printing (CJP) printers. In addition, the company offers software products.
The company’s SLA 3D printers are designed to produce durable plastic parts. 3D Systems’ SLS printers melt and fuse powder-based, nylon and engineered plastic and composite print materials to produce strong and durable parts. The company offers SLA printers with a range of materials, sizes and price points that are suited for prototypes, end-use parts, casting patterns and molds, tooling, fixtures and medical models. SLS printers are used for applications in various industries, including housings, machinery components, ducting, tooling, jigs and fixtures and medical devices and personalized surgery kits and guides.
3D Systems offer DMP printers that process a range of materials and powders, including materials with fine granularity and manufacturing applications. MJP printers are engaged in production of tough parts in plastics, wax, and engineered materials. MJP printers offer the capability to print in rigid or flexible materials and multiple materials in one build, and use in mechanical functional testing, rapid tooling, jigs and fixtures, casting patterns, over-molding and medical models. The company’s CJP printers build high-definition, full-color parts that can be sanded, drilled, tapped, painted and electroplated. CJP printers are used in mechanical design, healthcare, architecture, education, entertainment and packaging applications. In addition, the company offers scanners, haptic devices, 3D virtual reality simulators and simulator modules for medical applications, and digitizing scanners for medical and mechanical applications.
3D Systems offers proprietary software tools for an integrated digital workflow. The company offers software packages and design tools for reverse engineering, inspection and haptic design packages; intuitive packages designed for students and home users; computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided manufacturing (CAM) software packages designed for the manufacturing industry; and proprietary software and drivers embedded within the printers. In FY2016, the Products category reported revenues of $223.5 million, which accounted for 35.3% of the company's total revenue. In FY2016, the Materials category reported revenues of $156.8 million, which accounted for 24.8% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely Germany, Americas, Other EMEA and Asia Pacific. In FY2016, Germany segment accounted for 12.5% of the company's total revenues, followed by Americas with 53.9%; Other EMEA with 18%; and Asia Pacific with 15.6%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of 3D Systems Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about 3D Systems Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines 3D Systems Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases 3D Systems Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of 3D Systems Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does 3D Systems Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of 3D Systems Corporation?
- How has 3D Systems Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does 3D Systems Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are 3D Systems Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are 3D Systems Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of 3D Systems Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years