Ally Financial Inc. is a globally diversified financial services company. It offers a full suite of automotive financing products and services, including retail installment sales financing, loans, and leases, offering term loans to dealers, financing dealer floorplans and other lines of credit to dealers, fleet leasing, and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Financial operates in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Ally Bank, the company's direct banking platform, raises deposits directly from customers through direct banking via the internet, telephone, mobile, and mail channels. Ally Bank provides the company with a diversified low-cost funding source.
The company operates through three operating business segments : automotive finance operations, insurance operations, and mortgage operations. It also reports results for a non-operating segment: corporate and other.
Ally Financial automotive finance operations segment consist of automotive finance business generated in the US. The company manages commercial account servicing for approximately 4,200 dealers that utilize its floorplan inventory lending or other commercial loans. Ally Financial provided consumer asset servicing for a portfolio worth $84.8 billion as at December 31, 2015. For automotive dealers, the company provides a range of services, including new and used vehicle inventory financing, inventory insurance, term loans including real estate and working capital loans, and vehicle remarketing services to conduct their respective businesses as well as service contracts and guaranteed automobile protection (GAP) products to offer their customers. For consumers, Ally Financial provides retail automotive financing for new and used vehicles and leasing for new vehicles. In the US, retail financing for the purchase of vehicles takes the form of installment sales financing. During FY2015, the company originated a total of 1.5 million automotive loans and leases totaling approximately $41 billion.
The company's insurance operations segment offer both consumer finance protection and insurance products sold primarily through the automotive dealer channel, and commercial insurance products sold directly to dealers. Ally Financial provides vehicle service contracts, maintenance coverage, and GAP products. It underwrites selected commercial insurance coverages, which primarily insure dealers' wholesale vehicle inventory in the US.
Ally Financial mortgage operations segment was historically a significant portion of the company's operations and was conducted primarily through the Residential Capital, LLC (ResCap) subsidiary. On May 14, 2012, ResCap and certain of its wholly-owned direct and indirect subsidiaries filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York (Bankruptcy Court). The Bankruptcy Court entered an order confirming a bankruptcy plan on December 11, 2013, which became effective on December 17, 2013. With the completion of the ResCap settlement, the company has exited the mortgage origination and servicing business. The ongoing mortgage operations are limited to the management of its held-for-investment mortgage portfolio. During 2013, the company sold its business lending operations to Walter Investment Management Corp, completed the sales of agency mortgage servicing rights (MSRs) to Ocwen Financial Corp. (Ocwen) and Quicken Loans, Inc. (Quicken), and exited the correspondent lending channel.
Corporate and other primarily consists of the company's Commercial Finance Group, its centralized corporate treasury activities, such as management of the cash and corporate investment securities portfolios, short- and long-term debt, retail and brokered deposit liabilities, derivative instruments, the amortization of the discount associated with debt issuances and bond exchanges, and the residual impacts of our corporate funds-transfer pricing (FTP) and treasury asset liability management (ALM) activities. Corporate and other also includes certain equity investments, reclassifications and eliminations between the reportable operating segments.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Ally Financial Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Ally Financial Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Ally Financial Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Ally Financial Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Ally Financial Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Ally Financial Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Ally Financial Inc.?
- How has Ally Financial Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Ally Financial Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Ally Financial Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Ally Financial Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Ally Financial Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years