Alliant Energy Corporation is the US energy company primarily engaged in electric generation and the distribution of electricity and natural gas through its subsidiaries. Alliant Energy is an investor-owned public utility holding company whose primary subsidiaries are Interstate Power and Light (IPL), Wisconsin Power and Light (WPL), Resources and Corporate Services. During FY2016, the company sold a total of 29.8 million megawatt hours (MWh) of electricity to 958,318 customers and 125.2 million dekatherms of natural gas to 411,758 customers. Alliant Energy operates through the following two segments: Utility; and Non-Regulated, Parent and Other.
The Utility segment includes the operations of IPL and WPL, which are public utility companies engaged principally in the generation and distribution of electricity and the distribution and transportation of natural gas in select markets in Iowa and Wisconsin.
The utility business has three reportable divisions namely, utility electric operations, utility gas operations, and utility other, which includes steam operations and the unallocated portions of the utility business. In Iowa, IPL provides utility services to incorporated communities as directed by the Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) and utilizes non-exclusive franchises, which cover the use of public right-of-ways for utility facilities in incorporated communities for a maximum term of 25 years. At December 31, 2016, IPL supplied 15.97 million MWh of electricity to 489,867 customers and 63.4 million dekatherms of natural gas to 224,420 customers. IPL is also engaged in the generation and distribution of steam for two customers in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
At the end of FY2016, IPL owned approximately 17,485 miles of overhead electric distribution lines and 2,977 miles of underground electric distribution cable, as well as 564 substation distribution transformers, substantially all of which are located in Iowa. WPL operates in municipalities pursuant to permits of indefinite duration and state statutes authorizing utility operation in areas annexed by a municipality.
During FY2016, WPL sold 13.9 million MWh of electricity to 468,451 customers and 61.8 million dekatherms of natural gas to 187,338 customers. At the end of FY2016, WPL owned approximately 16,222 miles of overhead electric distribution lines and 5,481 miles of underground electric distribution cable, as well as 302 substation distribution transformers, substantially all of which are located in Wisconsin. In FY2016, the Utility segment reported revenues of $3,279.5 million, which accounted for 98.8% of the company's total revenue. The Non-Regulated, Parent and Other business segment includes the operations of Alliant Energy Resources and its subsidiaries, Alliant Energy Corporate Services (Corporate Services), the Alliant Energy parent company, and any Alliant Energy parent company consolidating adjustments. Alliant Energy Resources manages a portfolio of wholly-owned subsidiaries and additional investments through non-regulated generation, transportation and other non-regulated investments. Non-regulated generation owns Sheboygan Falls, a 347 megawatt (MW), simple-cycle, natural gas-fired electric generating unit (EGU) near Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, which is leased to WPL for an initial period of 20 years ending in 2025, and the 99 MW Franklin County wind project in Franklin County, Iowa.
Transportation includes a short-line railway that provides freight service between Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Iowa City, Iowa; a barge terminal and hauling services on the Mississippi River; and other transfer and storage services. The other non-regulated investments includes AE Transco Investments (ATI) partial ownership interest in WPL Transco, which holds Alliant Energy's ownership interest in American Transmission Company (ATC), and several other modest investments. In addition, Corporate Services provides administrative services to Alliant Energy and its subsidiaries. In FY2016, the Non-Regulated, Parent and Other segment reported revenues of $40.5 million, which accounted for 1.2% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Alliant Energy Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Alliant Energy Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / sevices providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Alliant Energy Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Alliant Energy Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Alliant Energy Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Alliant Energy Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Alliant Energy Corporation?
- How has Alliant Energy Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Alliant Energy Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Alliant Energy Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Alliant Energy Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Alliant Energy Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years