Al Salam Bank-Bahrain is a Bahrain-based Islamic banking and financial services entity that offers a range of Shari'a-compliant banking services and products. The bank operates in Bahrain and Singapore.
The bank operates through the following four business segments: Banking, Investment, Treasury and Capital.
The Banking segment of Al Salam Bank offers corporate banking, retail banking, private banking and wealth management solutions. It manages Shari'a compliant profit sharing investment accounts, and offers Shari'a compliant financing contracts and other Shari'a-compliant products. In FY2016, the Banking segment reported revenues of BHD28.0 million, which accounted for 44.4% of the company's total revenue.
The Investment services segment comprises the following three units: corporate investment, real estate investment and product structuring. The corporate investment unit focuses on sourcing, managing and exiting private equity. The bank invests in agri-business, alternative energy, aviation, education and healthcare sectors. The real estate investment unit invests across various asset types, sectors and geographies. Its asset types include green field (new -build development projects), brown field (distressed or part-completed assets) and existing completed dry assets. These investments are implemented in several geographies including Europe, and North and South Asia. The product structuring unit develops Shari'a-compliant products and structures for different units within the bank's investments group. The unit provides liquidity and exit options for the corporate investments and real estate investments units. In FY2016, the Investments segment reported revenues of BHD20.3 million, which accounted for 32.3% of the company's total revenue.
Al Salam Bank's Treasury segment handles Shari'a-compliant money market, trading and treasury services, including short-term commodity Murabaha. In FY2016, the Treasury segment reported revenues of BHD13.4 million, which accounted for 21.2% of the company's total revenue.
The bank's Capital segment manages the un-deployed capital of the bank by investing it in financial instruments. In FY2016, the Capital segment reported revenues of BHD1.4 million, which accounted for 2.2% of the company's total revenue.
Al Salam Bank's subsidiaries include the following: Al Salam Leasing Two Ltd, and Auslog Holding Trust.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C.?
- How has Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Al Salam Bank-Bahrain B.S.C.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years