ALK-Abello AS is a global research-driven pharmaceutical company that focuses on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergies. The group has its operations in Europe, North America and other parts of the world.
The group functions in one operating segment: allergy treatment.
Allergy immunotherapy (AIT) is a treatment which both reduces allergic symptoms and treats the underlying cause of a specific allergy. AIT is administered in three different ways: SCIT (subcutaneous injections), SLIT-drops (sublingual drops) or SLIT-tablets (sublingual tablets).
In the SCIT and SLIT-drops product group, ALK-Abello manufactures and markets SCIT (also known as subcutaneous allergy immunotherapy injections) against many types of allergy, including respiratory allergy for house dust mite, grass pollen, tree pollen, ragweed pollen and Japanese cedar pollen. The company also provides venom immunotherapy, a life-saving cure for patients suffering from bee and wasp allergies. Alutard SQ is one of ALK-Abello's leading products for subcutaneous allergy immunotherapy. The group manufactures and markets SLIT drops (also known as sublingual allergy immunotherapy drops). SLITone, a droplet for daily administration through a single dose container, is used for most common allergies, such as pollens (grasses, trees and weeds), pets, and molds and mites.
The SLIT-tablets (sublingual allergy immunotherapy tablets) are fast dissolving tablets which dissolve under the tongue and can be administered by patients at home. The SLIT-tablets also include revenues from partnerships, product supply, reimbursements, milestones and royalties. Grazax is ALK-Abello's SLIT tablet, used for grass pollen allergy. The group's other tablet-based allergy vaccines include tablets against house dust mite, ragweed, cat and tree pollen allergy.
Other products and services product group of Alk-Abello includes diagnostic tests that can help identify specific allergies; adrenaline auto-injector pen, Jext, for emergency interventions in potentially life-threatening cases of anaphylaxis. Under its allergy diagnostics services, the group provides diagnosis for optimal allergy treatment for a specific treatment of the actual cause of the patient's allergy. As a supplement to the therapeutic products, ALK-Abello manufactures allergen extracts for allergy testing, such as skin-prick tests. Other products and services offered by the group also includes allergy emergency treatment services, under which ALK-Abello is a partner in the management of anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction to food allergy or untreated allergy to insect venom), and provides education and relevant information for patients and carers.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ALK-Abello AS. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ALK-Abello AS. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ALK-Abello AS.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ALK-Abello AS.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ALK-Abello AS.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ALK-Abello AS. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ALK-Abello AS.?
- How has ALK-Abello AS. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ALK-Abello AS. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ALK-Abello AS. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ALK-Abello AS.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ALK-Abello AS.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years