Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. is engaged in manufacturing and supplying discrete semiconductors and passive components. The company's semiconductor components are used for a range of functions, including power control, power conversion, power management, signal switching, signal routing, signal blocking, signal amplification, two-way data transfer, one-way remote control, and circuit isolation; and passive components are used to restrict current flow, suppress voltage increases, store and discharge energy, control alternating current (AC) and voltage, filter out unwanted electrical signals, and perform other functions. The company operates in the US, Europe and Asia.
The company offers its products through two classes: semiconductors and passive components, which are further classified into five business segments: Resistors and Inductors, Diodes, MOSFETs, Capacitors, and Optoelectronic Components.
The company offers Resistors and Inductors under Dale, Draloric, Beyschlag, Sfernice, and HiRel Systems brands. Vishay manufactures various types of fixed resistors, including discrete and network forms; and variable types. In addition, the company offers linear and non-linear resistors. Linear resistive components include variable and fixed resistors; and non-linear resistors include thermistors that offer resistance under influence of temperature and varistors (voltage). The inductors offered by the company are employed in controlling alternate current (AC) and voltage, filtering out unwanted electrical signals, and energy storage. In FY2016, the Resistors and Inductors segment reported revenues of $753.8 million, which accounted for 32.4% of the company's total revenue.
Vishay's Diodes segment offers rectifiers, small signal diodes, protection diodes, thyristors/silicon control rectifiers (SCRs), insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBTs) and power modules. The company’s portfolio of protection diodes include electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and electromagnetic interference (EMI) filter. In FY2016, the Diodes segment reported revenues of $553.9 million, which accounted for 23.8% of the company's total revenue.
The company's MOSFETs product line includes low- and medium-voltage TrenchFET MOSFETs, high-voltage planar MOSFETs, high voltage Super Junction MOSFETs, power integrated circuits (power ICs), and integrated function power devices. These products are employed in various applications, including mobile phones, notebook and desktop computers, tablet computers, digital cameras, televisions, DC/DC and AC/DC switch mode power supplies, solar inverters, automotive and industrial systems. In FY2016, the MOSFETs segment reported revenues of $406.3 million, which accounted for 17.5% of the company's total revenue.
Vishay offers a range of Capacitors, including tiny surface-mount devices for hearing aids and mobile devices; and large power correction capacitors used in renewable energy, heavy industry, and electrical power grids. The company manufactures capacitors based on various technologies such as tantalum, including molded chip tantalum, coated chip tantalum, solid through-hole tantalum, wet tantalum, and polymer; ceramic, including multilayer chip and ceramic disc; film, power, heavy-current and aluminum electrolytic. The company's capacitors are employed in electronic filtering for linear and switching power supplies; decoupling and bypass of electronic signals for ICs and circuit boards; and frequency control, timing and conditioning of electronic signals for a range of applications. These products are offered under Sprague, Vitramon, Roederstein, BCcomponents, and ESTA brands. In FY2016, the Capacitors segment reported revenues of $337.2 million, which accounted for 14.5% of the company's total revenue.
Optoelectronic Components segment of the company offers a range of standard and customer specific optoelectronic components, including infrared (IR) emitters and detectors, IR remote control receivers, optocouplers, solid-state relays, optical sensors, light emitting diodes (LEDs), 7-segment displays, and IR data transceiver modules (IrDA). The optical sensors products offered by the company include ambient light sensors, optical encoders, integrated photodiode and I/V amplifiers, proximity sensors, color sensors, and ultra-violet (UV) sensors. The company's LEDs include ultra-bright as well as small surface-mount packages, which are employed for backlighting and illumination in automotive and other applications. The optocouplers are employed in switch-mode power supplies, consumer electronics, telecommunications equipment, solar inverters, and industrial systems. The company's IR data transceiver modules are used for short range, two-way, high-speed, and secure wireless data transfer between electronic devices such as home medical appliances, mobile phones, industrial data loggers, and metering. In FY2016, the Optoelectronic Components segment reported revenues of $272.1 million, which accounted for 11.7% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely Germany, the US, Israel, Asia and Other Europe. In FY2016, Germany segment accounted for 32.1% of the company's total revenues, followed by the US with 23.3%; Israel with 0.4%; Asia with 40.5%; and Other Europe with 3.6%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.?
- How has Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years