Balfour Beatty plc is a provider of services essential to the development, creation and care of infrastructure assets, including financing and development, design and project management and construction and maintenance either alone or in partnership and by integrating local supply chains. Its operations are spread across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
The company operates through three reportable business segments: construction services, support services, and infrastructure investments. The company's construction services segment involves activities resulting in the physical construction of an asset. It consists of civil and ground engineering, rail engineering, buildings, refurbishment and fit-out services, and mechanical and engineering services.
The company undertakes contracts in various forms such as design and build, open book, and full turnkey contracts. The company also provides a range of ground engineering services such as piling and foundations, ground improvement, retaining walls, testing and analysis for all sectors. Moreover, Balfour offers rail engineering and infrastructure services across the life-cycle of rail assets from feasibility studies and planning, design, consultancy, and implementation to maintenance and asset management globally.
In addition, the company is one of the leading providers of construction services for offshore generation, renewable energy and nuclear areas in power industry in the UK and the US. As of December 31, 2016, the construction services segment reported revenue of GBP5,471 million or 80.7% of the company’s total revenue, excluding Rail Germany and certain legacy ES contracts.
The company's support services segment is involved in activities that support existing assets or functions such as asset maintenance and refurbishment. The company upgrades and maintains water, gas and electricity networks; highways network management, operation and maintenance; and rail renewals.
The company’s Utilities business offers services such as installation, testing and commissioning, cabling, fiber optic solutions, operation and maintenance, repair frameworks, asset management, refurbishment and maintenance of overhead transmission lines and control and protection for electricity networks globally.
It also supplies high voltage substations, and manufactures electrical switchgear and power distribution substations. Its services include electrification, civils, signaling, railway systems and technologies for rail network; and logistics, land acquisition, traffic management, earthworks and road works for highways. As of December 31, 2016, the support services segment reported revenue of GBP1,076 million or 15.9% of the company’s total revenue, excluding Rail Germany and certain legacy ES contracts. Balfour Beatty's infrastructure investments segment is engaged in the acquisition, operation and disposal of infrastructure assets such as roads, hospitals, schools, student accommodation, military housing, offshore transmission networks and other concessions.
It also includes group’s housing development division which has moved from construction services. It operates a portfolio of more than 70 long-term infrastructure projects. The company also manages non-PPP investments in the UK. It carries out these activities through Balfour Beatty Investments, Balfour Beatty Communities, and Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions. As of December 31, 2016, the infrastructure investments segment reported revenue of GBP235 million or 3.4% of the company’s total revenue, excluding Rail Germany and certain legacy ES contracts, excluding Rail Germany and certain legacy ES contracts.
Geographically, the company classifies its business operations into three regions: the US, the UK, and Rest of the world, which accounted for 40.7%, 39.9%, and 19.4% of the company’s total underlying revenue respectively, in FY2016.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Balfour Beatty plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Balfour Beatty plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Balfour Beatty plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Balfour Beatty plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Balfour Beatty plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Balfour Beatty plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Balfour Beatty plc?
- How has Balfour Beatty plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Balfour Beatty plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Balfour Beatty plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Balfour Beatty plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Balfour Beatty plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years