Airgas, Inc. is a US-based public company which is involved in the distribution of refrigerants, ammonia products and process chemicals along with specialty gases, hardgoods and related products. The company distributes its products through a network of more than 1,100 locations including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities and distribution centers. Airgas operates mostly in the US and Canada, and to a lesser extent in Mexico, Russia, Dubai, and several European countries.
Airgas operates through two segments: Distribution and All Other Operations.
The Distribution segment includes industrial, medical and specialty gases sold in packaged and bulk quantities, as well as hardgoods. It is also engaged in the production of gases to supply the regional distribution companies. The company's gas sales include atmospheric gases including nitrogen, oxygen, argon, helium, hydrogen; welding and fuel gases such as acetylene, propylene and propane; carbon dioxide; nitrous oxide; ultra-high purity grades of various gases; special application blends; and process chemicals. In addition, the company rents gas cylinders, cryogenic liquid containers, bulk storage tanks, tube trailers, and welding-related and other equipment. The hardgoods consist of welding consumables and equipment, safety products, construction supplies, and maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) supplies.
Moreover, Airgas' atmospheric gas production capacity includes 17 air separation plants that produce oxygen, nitrogen, and argon. It also purchases atmospheric and other gases pursuant to contracts with national and regional producers of industrial gases, and hardgoods from major manufacturers and suppliers.
The Distribution segment operates a network of multiple use facilities consisting of approximately 900 branches, approximately 300 cylinder fill plants, 70 regional specialty gas laboratories, 11 national specialty gas laboratories, one research and development center, two specialty gas equipment centers, 11 acetylene plants, and 17 air separation units. It also consists of six national hardgoods distribution centers, various customer call centers, buying centers, and administrative offices. The segment conducts business in all 50 states in the US and internationally in Canada, Mexico, Russia, Dubai, and Europe.
In FY2016, the Distribution segment reported revenues of $4,716.2 million, which accounted for 88.1% of the company's total revenue.
The company's All Other Operations segment is comprised of six business units. The primary products manufactured and distributed by the other segment are carbon dioxide, dry ice (solid form of carbon dioxide), nitrous oxide, ammonia, and refrigerant gases, along with a nitrogen services business.
The All Other Operations segment consists of businesses, located throughout the US, which operate multiple use facilities consisting of approximately 90 branch/distribution locations, eight liquid carbon dioxide and 14 dry ice production facilities, and three nitrous oxide production facilities. The company owns approximately 32% of these facilities, while the remaining facilities are leased from third parties.
In FY2016, the All Other segment reported revenues of $635.8 million, which accounted for 11.9% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Airgas, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Airgas, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Airgas, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Airgas, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Airgas, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Airgas, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Airgas, Inc.?
- How has Airgas, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Airgas, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Airgas, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Airgas, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Airgas, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years