Avnet, Inc. is engaged in the marketing and value added distribution of a wide variety of electronics components, enterprise computer products and embedded subsystems. It also provides engineering design, materials management and logistics services, system integration and configuration, and supply chain services customized to meet specific requirements of both customers and suppliers. The company has operations across major economic regions of the world, including the Americas; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and Asia/Pacific.
The company operates through two global operating segments: Electronics Marketing and Technology Solutions.
Electronics Marketing segment of the company markets and sells semiconductors, interconnect, passive and electromechanical devices (IP&E) and embedded products for leading electronic component manufacturers. It sells its products and services to customer across end-markets, including automotive, communications, computer hardware and peripheral, industrial and manufacturing, medical equipment, and defense and aerospace. EM also offers value-added support and services that enable its customers to evaluate, design-in and procure electronic components throughout the lifecycle of their technology products and systems. The segment offers design chain, supply chain and embedded solutions.
Electronics Marketing design chain solutions offer engineers a host of technical design that serve as an extension of a supplier’s sales force. It also provides engineering and technical resources to support product design, bill of materials development, design support and services and technical education and training.
Electronics Marketing supply chain solutions offers end-to-end solutions focused on OEMs, EMS providers and electronic component manufacturers, enabling them to optimize supply chains on a local, regional or global basis. EM supply chain services provide unique solutions that meet a customer’s just-in-time requirements and minimize risk in a variety of scenarios including lean manufacturing, demand flow and outsourcing.
In addition, Electronics Marketing provides embedded computing solutions, including technical design, integration and assembly to developers of application-specific computing solutions in the non-PC market. Its customers include OEMs that require embedded systems and solutions, including engineering, product prototyping, integration and other value-added services in the medical, telecommunications, industrial and digital editing markets. Moreover, each of EM's regions has its own sales and marketing divisions that focus on a specific customer segment, particular product lines or a specific geography. In FY2016, the Electronics Marketing segment reported revenues of $16,566.8 million, which accounted for 63.2% of the company's total revenue.
Through Technology Solutions segment, the company works with its business partners in the supply chain to create and deliver effective datacenter and IT lifecycle solutions that solve the business challenges of end-users around the world. These IT solutions span the entire IT lifecycle and are sold and delivered to a variety of TS’ customer partners, including VARs, ISVs, Sis and OEMs. These solutions can include any combination of services, software and hardware that address among other items, infrastructure and application management, cloud computing, automation, orchestration, datacenter transformation, security, big data, aftermarket and IT lifecycle services, and multilingual vendor accredited training.
Through dedicated practices and partnerships, Technology Solutions segment and its channel partners provide the education, tools, resources, skills and support needed around technologies such as storage, networking and security along with solutions and services incorporating next-generation technologies, including big data and analytics, cloud computing and converged infrastructure. In FY2016, the Technology Solutions segment reported revenues of $9,652.5 million, which accounted for 36.8% of the company total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three segments, namely Americas, Asia/Pacific, and EMEA. In FY2016, Americas segment accounted for 39.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by Asia/Pacific with 30.5%; and EMEA with 29.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Avnet, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Avnet, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Avnet, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Avnet, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Avnet, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Avnet, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Avnet, Inc.?
- How has Avnet, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Avnet, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Avnet, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Avnet, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Avnet, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years