B. Braun is a health products company that operates in the international healthcare market. The company is engaged in offering products and services for intensive care units, anesthesia and emergency care, cardiology, extracorporeal blood treatment, and surgical core procedures. Through its subsidiaries, the company operates in 64 countries spread across North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
The company operates through five business divisions: hospital care, Aesculap, B. Braun Avitum, out-patient market (OPM) and other sales. The hospital care division provides solutions for in-patient treatment especially in anesthesia, intensive care and emergency medicine. The company supplies hospitals with products such as infusion equipment and supplies, infusion and injection solutions, intravenous catheters, products for clinical nutrition, as well as pumps and their associated systems.
In addition, this division offers disposable medical and wound drainage products, and pharmaceuticals, and products for drug admixture and regional anesthesia.As of December 31, 2016, the hospital care division recorded revenues of E2,990.8 million ($3,530.5 million), an increase of 4.7% over FY2015. The Aesculap division focuses on developing and marketing products and services for surgical and interventional procedures in operative medicine. The company offers products such as implants (for orthopedics, neurosurgery, interventional vascular and spinal surgery), surgical sutures and sterile container systems.
The Aesculap division recorded revenues of E1,725 million ($2,036.3 million) in FY2016, an increase of 3.7% over FY2015. B. Braun, under its B. Braun Avitum division, offers products and services for people with chronic and acute kidney failure. This division provides dialysis centers with products and services required for the blood cleansing processes of dialysis and apheresis. In addition, the company manages a network of over 300 dialysis centers in Europe, Asia, Latin America and South Africa.The B.Braun Avitum division recorded revenues of E944.8 million ($1,115.3 million) in FY2016, an increase of 11.6% over FY2015. The company, through its OPM division, is engaged in meeting the needs of patients outside the hospital setting and of long-term patients.
This division's customers include physicians in private practice, outpatient and inpatient care services, and pharmacies. The key areas on which this division focuses are hygiene, diabetes, incontinence, stoma and wound management. In addition to these products, OPM offers a range of outpatient services. The OPM division recorded revenues of E781.7 million ($922.8 million) in FY2016, an increase of 5.5% over FY2015. The other sales division recorded revenues of E28.7 million ($33.9 million) in FY2016, an increase of 19.4% over FY2015. Geographically, Germany, B. Braun's largest geographical market, accounted for 16.9% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Germany reached E1,096.7 million ($1,294.6 million) in FY2016, an increase of 5.9% over FY2015. Europe accounted for 32% of the total revenues in FY2016.
Revenues from Europe reached E2,070.7 million ($2,444.4 million) in FY2016, an increase of 3.6% over FY2015. North America accounted for 23.7% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from North America reached E1,536.1 million ($1,813.3 million) in FY2016, an increase of 7.6% over FY2015. Asia-Pacific accounted for 18% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Asia-Pacific reached E1,162.9 million ($1,372.8 million) in FY2016, an increase of 8.3% over FY2015. Latin America accounted for 6.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Latin America reached E400.2 million ($472.4 million) in FY2016, an increase of 2.3% over FY2015. Africa and the Middle East accounted for 3.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Africa and the Middle East reached E204.4 million ($241.3 million) in FY2016, an increase of 1% over FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of B. Braun Melsungen AG in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about B. Braun Melsungen AG listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines B. Braun Melsungen AG’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases B. Braun Melsungen AG’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of B. Braun Melsungen AG’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does B. Braun Melsungen AG operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of B. Braun Melsungen AG?
- How has B. Braun Melsungen AG performed financially from the 2013?
- How does B. Braun Melsungen AG rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are B. Braun Melsungen AG strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are B. Braun Melsungen AG’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of B. Braun Melsungen AG? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years