African Oxygen Limited , a subsidiary of Linde Group, is a South African based industrial gases company. The company also retails gas equipment, welding consumables and safety products. Afrox operates in South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zambia.
The company operates through four segments: atmospheric gases, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), hard goods and emerging Africa. Afrox's atmospheric gases segment is involved in the production of industrial gases, special gases, medical gases and hospitality gases. It offers industrial gases, including dissolved acetylene, oxygen, nitrogen, argon and other general gases; special gases, including refrigerants, chemicals and scientific gases; medical gases, including packaged medical gases and respiratory therapy equipment; and hospitality gases, including beverage dispensing gas and balloon gas. In FY2016, the atmospheric gases segment reported revenue of R2319 million, which accounted for 41.9% of the total net sales of the company.
The company's LPG segment distributes packaged LPG in a range of cylinder sizes such as 9 kg, 19 kg and 48 kg cylinders at the filling sites, under the brand name Handigas mainly in South Africa. In FY2016 LPG segment reported revenue of R1797 million, which accounted for 32.5% of the total net sales of the company. Afrox's hard goods segment offers electrodes and welding equipment. Its products include filler materials, such as manual metal arc (MMA) filler materials, metal inert gas (MIG) filler materials, tungsten electrode inert gas (TIG) filler materials, brazing filler materials, fluxes and gouging carbons.
The company also provides arc equipment, including accessories, MIG equipment, MMA equipment and TIG (tungsten inert gas) equipment, rescue packs, regulators and safety equipment. In FY2016 hard goods segment reported revenue of R666 million, which accounted for 12% of the total net sales of the company. The company's emerging Africa segment is engaged in various business activities outside South Africa through select production facilities and Afrox’s distribution network. In FY2016 emerging Africa segment. reported revenue of R755 million, which accounted for 13.6% of the total net sales of the company. Geographically, the company classifies its revenue into two segments, namely, the South Africa region and emerging africa region. The South African region accounted for 86.4% of its total revenue for FY2016, followed by emerging Africa (13.6%).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of African Oxygen Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about African Oxygen Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines African Oxygen Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases African Oxygen Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of African Oxygen Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does African Oxygen Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of African Oxygen Limited?
- How has African Oxygen Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does African Oxygen Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are African Oxygen Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are African Oxygen Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of African Oxygen Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years