C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. is a third party logistics company engaged in providing freight transportation services and logistics solutions to firms of all sizes, in a wide variety of industries. The company has a wide network of offices in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. During FY2016, the company handled approximately 18 million shipments for more than 113,000 active customers and 71,000 contract carriers. CHRW manages its operations through three operating segments: North American Surface Transportation, Robinson Fresh, and Global Forwarding.
The North American Surface Transportation (NAST) segment provides freight transportation services across North America through a network offices in the US, Canada, and Mexico. The primary services provided by NAST include truckload, LTL, and intermodal. In FY2016, the NAST segment reported revenues of $8,737.7 million, which accounted for 66.5% of the company's total revenue.
The Robinson Fresh segment provides sourcing under the trade name Robinson Fresh. Its sourcing services primarily include the buying, selling, and marketing of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other perishable items. Robinson Fresh sources products from around the world and has a physical presence in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America.
The segment often provides the logistics and transportation of the products they sell, in addition to temperature controlled transportation services for its customers. In FY2016, the Robinson Fresh segment reported revenues of $2,344.1 million, which accounted for 17.8% of the company's total revenue.
The Global Forwarding segment provides global logistics services through an international network of offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and South America; and also contracts with independent agents worldwide. The primary services provided by the segment include ocean freight services, air freight services, and customs brokerage. In FY2016, the Global Forwarding segment reported revenues of $1,574.7 million, which accounted for 12.0% of the company's total revenue.
The company also generates revenue from All Other and Corporate segment which primarily consists of Managed Services and Other Surface Transportation outside of North America. Managed Services is primarily comprised of the company’s division, TMC, which offers Managed TMS. Managed TMS combines a global transportation management system (TMS), logistics process expertise, and consulting services. Customers can access cloud-based technology, logistics experts, and supply chain engineers to manage their day-to-day operations and optimize supply chain performance.
In FY2016, the All Other and Corporate segment reported revenues of $487.9 million, which accounted for 3.7% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments, namely the US, and Other locations. In FY2016, the US accounted for 89.4% of the company's total revenues, followed by other locations with 10.6%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.?
- How has C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years