BC Hydro is a supplier of electricity owned by the provincial government of British Columbia. Its operations include generating, manufacturing, distributing, supplying, purchasing, and selling electricity.
The company operates 30 hydroelectric facilities and two thermal generating plants, totaling 12,044 megawatts (MW) of installed generating capacity. It sold a total of 57,300 gigawatt-hours (GWh) of electricity to approximately two million customers in FY2016.
BC Hydro's primary business activities are the generation and distribution of electricity. However, the company reports is business under two business segments: domestic and trade.
Domestic segment comprises sales of electricity to customers within the Province of British Columbia, and sales of firm energy outside the province under long-term contracts. BC Hydro delivers electricity to customers through a network of 20,176 circuit kilometers (kms) of transmission lines and 58,765 kms of distribution lines. The transmission system also includes approximately 300 substations. The transmission network connects with transmission systems in Alberta and Washington State and sold 57,300 GWh of electricity in FY2016.
The company's trade segment comprises of its subsidiaries, Powerex and Powertech Labs (Powertech).
Powerex is a marketer of wholesale energy products and services in western Canada and the US. Powerex buys and sells wholesale electricity in the marketplace, and also purchases electricity for BC Hydro's domestic use. Its key trading partners include utilities, power pools, marketers, independent power producers, and large industrial customers.
Powertech provides testing, consulting, and research services to the electric and natural gas industries, their customers and suppliers. The Powertech facility in Surrey, British Columbia has 18 laboratories and approximately 80 professional engineers, scientists, and technologists. Powertech has a range of facilities in electrical engineering, power systems stability, materials engineering, and applied chemistry.
BC Hydro has created a number of other subsidiaries to manage risk in developing projects and contracting with third parties. These include BCHPA Captive Insurance Company, Columbia Hydro Constructors, and Tongass Power and Light Company.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of BC Hydro in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about BC Hydro listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines BC Hydro’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases BC Hydro’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of BC Hydro’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does BC Hydro operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of BC Hydro?
- How has BC Hydro performed financially from the 2013?
- How does BC Hydro rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are BC Hydro strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are BC Hydro’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of BC Hydro? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years