Atul Ltd , a member of Lalbhai Group, is engaged in the manufacturing of chemicals. Atul operates in India, Brazil, China, Germany, the UK, the UAE and the US. The company serves around 6,000 customers across the world. Atul operates through two segments: life science chemicals and performance and other chemicals. The company's life science chemicals segment provides agriculture and pharmaceutical products. The segment operates through two divisions, crop protection and pharmaceuticals. Atul's crop protection division's products comprise fungicides, herbicides and insecticides.
These products are used in agriculture industry for the protection of crops. It comprises around 20 products and 40 formulations. Its key products include 2, 4-D, Indoxacarb and Isoprothiolane. In FY2017, life science chemicals segment generated a revenue of INR924.8 million which accounted for 30.9% of the total revenue.
The company's pharmaceuticals manufacture products are used by pharmaceutical industries undercardiovascular, anti-depressant, anti-diabetic, anti-infective and anti-retroviral therapeutic categories. Its products include Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), API intermediates and others and the business comprises about 72 products. Carbonates, chloroformates, isocyanates and organic ureas are some of the key products. Atul's performance and other chemicals segment operates through four business divisions, namely aromatics, bulk chemicals and intermediates, colors, and polymers.
In FY2017, performance and other chemicals segment generated a revenue of INR2,067.3 million which accounted for 69.1% of the total revenue. The company's aromatic division product groups are mainly used by customers belonging to fragrance and personal care industries. The product groups comprise about 20 products. It manufactures para cresol, p-anisic aldehyde, sodium sulphate and sodium sulphite. Atul's bulk chemicals and intermediates division product groups are used mainly for internal consumption. The bulk chemicals are used in various industries used cosmetic, dyestuff and tire industry.
The product groups comprise about 21 products and its key products are resorcinol, resorcinol formaldehyde resins, sulphur trioxide and chlorosulphonic acid. The company's colors division business offers products to industries such as textile, paint and coatings, and paper. The business division comprises about 571 products. Its key products include green 1, P red and sulphur black. Atul's polymers division manufactures epoxy resins and hardeners, reactive diluents, sulphones and other components.
These products are used in aerospace, automobile, construction, defense, electronics, footwear, handicraft, marine, paint and coatings, paper and wind energy industries. The business comprises about 96 products and 300 formulations. The company's brands include Amsac, Convo, Cyno, Loxo, Rhyzo, Rugo, Rymix, Salix and Zura. Atul's subsidiaries include: Atul China Ltd, Atul Deutschland GmbH, Atul Europe Ltd, Atul USA Inc, Atul Rajasthan Date Palms Ltd, Atul Bioscience Ltd, DPD Ltd, and Atul Brasil Quimicos Ltda.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Atul Ltd in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Atul Ltd listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Atul Ltd’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Atul Ltd’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Atul Ltd’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Atul Ltd operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Atul Ltd?
- How has Atul Ltd performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Atul Ltd rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Atul Ltd strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Atul Ltd’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Atul Ltd? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years