Bioanalytical Systems is a drug discovery and development services company engaged in providing contract research services and instruments to the pharmaceutical companies and medical research organizations. The company's clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic and government organizations. BASi has its operations in Japan, the Pacific Basin, South America, the Middle East, India, South Africa and Eastern Europe.
The company operates through two business segments: research services and research products.
The research services segment provides services in screening and pharmacological testing, preclinical safety testing, formulation development, regulatory compliance and quality control testing. These products include product characterization, method development and validation; bioanalytical testing; stability testing; in vivo pharmacology; and preclinical and pathology services.
As part of product characterization, method development and validation, the company uses analytical methods, primarily performed in West Lafayette, Indiana to determine potency, purity, chemical composition, structure and physical properties of a compound.
In bioanalytical testing, the company analyzes specimens from preclinical and clinical trials to measure drug and metabolite concentrations in complex biological matrices. Bioanalysis is performed at the company's facility in Indiana.
Stability testing includes testing the stability of drug substances and formulated drug products and maintaining secure storage facilities in West Lafayette, Indiana to establish and confirm product purity, potency and shelf life.
The company provides preclinical in vivo sampling services for the continuous monitoring of chemical changes in life, how a drug enters, travels through, and is metabolized in living systems.
The contract research services segment's preclinical and pathology services include pharmacokinetic and safety testing in studies ranging from acute safety monitoring of drugs and medical devices to chronic, multi-year oncogenicity studies in Evansville, Indiana site.
The company's research products segment focuses on expediting preclinical screening of developmental drugs. The company designs, develops, manufactures and markets in vivo sampling systems and accessories (including disposables, training and systems qualification), physiology monitoring tools, and liquid chromatography and electrochemistry instruments platforms.
The research products segment provides three product lines: analytical products, in vivo sampling products and vetronics products.
The analytical products comprise of liquid chromatographic and electrochemical instruments with accessories. The component of these products is the Epsilon electrochemical platform.
The in vivo sampling products comprise of the Culex family of automated in vivo sampling and dosing instruments. These are used by pharmaceutical researchers to dose animals and collect biological samples (blood, bile, urine, microdialysate, feces or any bio-fluid) from the animals. The product also includes in vivo sampling devices sold to drug developers and medical research centers to assist in the study of several medical conditions including stroke, depression, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases, diabetes and osteoporosis.
The vetronics products comprise of instruments and related software to monitor and diagnose cardiac function (electro-cardiogram) and measure other physiological parameters primarily in cats and dogs in veterinary clinics.
The company subsidiary include: BAS Evansville, Inc.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.?
- How has Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years