athenahealth is a US-based provider network-based medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services, as well as point-of-care mobile applications. The company partners with hospital and ambulatory clients to drive clinical and financial results. The company provides its cloud-based services in following offerings: athenaCollector for practice management and medical billing; athenaClinicals for electronic health records (EHR); athenaCommunicator for patient engagement; athenaCoordinator for order transmission and care coordination; Population Health for population health management; and Epocrates for clinical decision support.
athenahealth's athenaCollector is a network-enabled billing and practice management solution that eliminates or reduces time-consuming activities that typically burden the clients, allowing them to focus more on patient care and other business priorities. athenaCollector includes web-based practice management solution that helps clients improve practice management by simplifying workflows related to patient registration, scheduling, check-in, charge entry, referral management, checkout, follow-up, collections, accounting, and reporting.
In addition, it performs back-office services in partnership with clients at all steps of the billing process, including: generating and submitting electronic and paper claims, confirming receipt of claims and resubmitting lost claims, posting remittance advice received from payers, following up on unpaid and denied claims, updating our rules engine to help prevent denial recurrences, and reviewing key performance metrics. athenahealth's athenaClinicals is a network-enabled electronic health record (EHR) service, organizes the moment of care to help providers maximize their clinical productivity and maintain focus on their patients. athenaClinicals combines a web-based EHR with a clinical cycle management solution and a back-office document management service to help manage patient’s clinical documentation.
The web-based EHR application included in athenaClinicals addresses the core clinical workflows of a practice including: clinical chart, encounter documentation, order entry, results viewing, patient call tracking, clinical reminder tracking, and workflow task management. The company's athenaCommunicator is a network-enabled patient engagement and communication solution that provides an automated, communication service between patients and provider practices for interactions outside the exam room. athenaCommunicator uses phone, e-mail, and a patient portal to help improve financial and operational performance for clients. Its automated messaging platform delivers phone calls, text messages, and e-mails to patients, including appointment reminders, past due balance alerts, disease management initiatives, secure test results, and other compliance-driven campaigns.
The patient portal enables patients to express communication preferences, view lab results, review appointment information, exchange secure messages with providers, update personal information, and pay bills. athenahealth's athenaCoordinator is network-enabled order transmission and care coordination service. athenaCoordinator is focused on efficiency for healthcare providers utilizing various information technology systems and helps to provide proper care for patients. athenaCoordinator is not offered as a stand-alone solution but instead must be utilized with athenaCollector, athenaClinicals and athenaCommunicator.
The company's athenahealth is a population health solution that combines services with software and analytics. The comprehensive, cloud-based population health service identifies patients in need of care and analyzes the clinical and financial results of that care to drive improvements in outcomes and costs. After clients transfer data from payers, finance systems, laboratories, clinical repositories, and/or EHRs, athenahealth Population Health processes and integrates that data and provides a platform through which clients can gain insight into and manage the health of their patient population. athenahealth's Epocrates provides a range of clinical information and decision support offerings available through healthcare providers’ mobile devices. Epocrates services include: drug and disease information, medical calculator and tools, clinical guidelines, clinical messaging, and market research.
The Epocrates network of members consists of over one million healthcare professionals, including approximately 50% of the US physicians. In addition, the company provides athenahealth Health Plan Data Exchange, facilitates services in the exchange of data between providers and health plans for the healthcare operations of clients that also utilize athenaClinicals and athenaCollector. Further, athenahealth's athenaOne Analytics is comprised of an analytics and dashboard application and provides visibility into the financial and operational health of an organization.
This add-on service helps athenaCollector clients to create alignment around organizational performance goals, monitor and track progress against internal targets and industry benchmarks, and monitor coding and compliance. The company's Authorization Management includes both pre-certification processing and referral processing services. It reviews orders and referrals to determine whether a pre-certification or referral from a primary care physician is required under a patient’s health plan and then compile the necessary clinical documentation to attain such pre-certifications.
athenahealth provides its solutions to medical groups and practices, hospitals and health systems, medical specialties, urgent care centers, accountable care organizations, academic medical centers, and community hospitals. The company's subsidiaries include Athena Arsenal, LLC, athena Point Lookout, LLC, athenahealth MA, Inc., athenahealth Technology Private Limited, Dionysus, LLC, Epocrates, LLC, Filament Labs, Inc., MDP Accelerator, LLC, Modality, Inc., and Razor Insights, LLC.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of athenahealth, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about athenahealth, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines athenahealth, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases athenahealth, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of athenahealth, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does athenahealth, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of athenahealth, Inc.?
- How has athenahealth, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does athenahealth, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are athenahealth, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are athenahealth, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of athenahealth, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years