Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Osteopenia and Osteoporosis in13 Major Markets
Osteopenia and osteoporosis (“porous bone”) are both terms which help to define the continuum of loss of bone density which leads to bone fragility and an increased risk of fractures of the hip, spine and wrist.
Loss of bone density is characterised by too little bone formation, excessive bone loss or a combination of both, typically as a result of hormonal changes, or deficiency of calcium or vitamin D.
Both osteopenia and osteoporosis remain largely under diagnosed because of their asymptomatic nature, especially in the less severe stages of bone loss.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Osteopenia and Osteoporosis across 13 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, China, Russia and Australia) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team , several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
The following conditions and comorbidities are associated with loss of bone mineral density:
• Back pain
• Cushing's syndrome
• Pituitary disease
• Multiple myeloma
• Thalassaemia major
• Bone fractures (particularly in the spine or hip)
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
• Able to quantify patient populations in global Osteopenia and Osteoporosis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis as well as, identify patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Osteopenia and Osteoporosis prevalent population.
• Identify sub-populations within Osteopenia and Osteoporosis which require treatment.
• Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis patients.
• Cause of the Disease
• Risk Factors & Prevention
• Diagnosis of the Disease
• Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
• Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
• Key comorbid conditions/Features associated with the disease
• Methodology for quantification of patient numbers
• Top-line prevalence for Osteoporosis
• Features of Osteoporosis patients
o Cardiovascular and metabolic comorbidities
o Arthritis in patients with osteoporosis
o Respiratory comorbidities
o Severe Osteoporosis patients
• Top-line prevalence for Osteopenia
• Abbreviations used in the report
• Other Black Swan Analysis Publications
• Black Swan Analysis Online Patient-Based Databases
• Patient-Based Offering
• Online Pricing Data and Platforms
• Normal vs. Osteoporotic bone
• Postural changes associated with osteoporosis