Omega 3 Ingredients Market Size, Trends & Forecast (2019 - 2025)
The market for omega 3 ingredients is expected to value at US$ xx Billion by 2025 and to grow at CAGR of xx%, during 2019 - 2025, according to Research Cosmos Latest Report.
Omega 3 ingredients are naturally-occurring polyunsaturated fatty acids and nutrients that are critical for human health. There are three types of omega 3 ingredients namely alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These types of ingredients are used in various applications such as infant formula, supplements & functional foods, animal feed, and pharmaceuticals. Supplements & functional foods were the largest segments in the global omega 3 ingredients market in 2016, and the trend is expected to remain the same during the forecast period. Growing lifestyle and age-related diseases in North America and Europe are subsequently fueling the growth of the supplements & functional foods segment. Also, emerging economies in the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Africa are fueling demand for omega 3 ingredients for application in the flourishing pharmaceuticals industry.
Various research studies have established a link between the consumption of fatty fish and the lowering of coronary heart diseases. For instance, fish oils are used as a supplement to balance the required dietary intake of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Also, fish oil is commonly recommended as a supplement product for people who have had a myocardial infarction by the American Heart Association, World Health Organization (WHO), the National Heart Foundation of Australia and National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
Omega 3 Ingredients Market Dynamics:
Increasing consumer health awareness about the benefits associated with the consumption of omega-3 fatty acids such as DHA and EPA are major factors fueling the growth of the global omega-3 ingredients market. Omega-3 ingredients are also linked with lowering the prevalence of cancer, heart diseases, and arthritis. Cancers of the prostate, colon, and breast can be lowered with the intake of omega-3 ingredients. Also, omega-3 ingredients play a major role in the brain development of infants, which is a major factor propelling the growth of the global omega 3 ingredients market. Low public awareness about the types of omega 3 fatty acids and their benefits will restrict the growth of the global omega-3 ingredients market. Negative consumer perception about the smell and taste of omega-3 ingredients is also expected to restrict the growth of the market. Technological advancements and product innovation is expected to fuel the market for omega 3 ingredients during the forecast period. For instance, on October 6, 2016, DSM introduced new 3C technology to reinvigorate the omega 3 supplements category. Also, on June 9, 2015, Croda introduced Incromega DHA and approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). On March 8, 2017, Royal DSM and Evonik collaborated to manufacture omega 3 fatty acid products from natural marine algae for animal nutrition. This innovation will enable the production of omega 3 fatty acids for animal nutrition without using fish oil. North America, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market in 2016 and the trend is expected to remain the same during 2019 -2025.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global Omega 3 Ingredients market and provides market size (US$ Billion) and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) (%) for the forecast period (2017 – 2025), considering 2016 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides valuable insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global Omega 3 Ingredients market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies and future plans
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions with respect to their future product launch, technology upgrade, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global Omega 3 Ingredients market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, raw material manufacturer, end-users, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would greatly benefit in decision making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the Omega 3 Ingredients market
Omega 3 Ingredients Market is Segmented into the following categories:
Omega 3 Ingredients Market - By Source
- Nuts and Seeds
- Vegetable Oils
Omega 3 Ingredients Market - By Type
Omega 3 Ingredients Market - By Application
- Infant Formula
- Supplements & Functional Foods
- Animal Feed
Omega 3 Ingredients Market - By Region
- Latin America
- Middle-East & Africa
Key Companies Listed in this Global Omega 3 Ingredients Market are:
Koninklijke DSM NV Cargill Inc.
Croda International Plc.
NU-MEGA Ingredients Pty Ltd.
Pronova BioPharma ASA
Omega Protein Corporation
Ocean Nutrition Canada Limited Galactic