The North American RTD coffee market is expected to be valued at USD 2.458 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.7% and mature into a USD 2.643 billion market by 2023. Ready-to-drink coffee is a recently developed concept wherein the beverage is sold in a convenient and directly consumable form. Despite being marketed as a young and urban phenomenon, RTD consumers can be from almost all demographic segments.
Demand for Innovation in Coffee market
The instant nature and convenience offered by RTD coffee are important drivers. The nature of the product makes it a highly trend-driven market and as such a certain element of innovation is constantly in demand especially in the coffee market. Regarding the major access points, iced products with longer shelf life provide major opportunities, along with liquid coffee concentrates and frozen concentrates. The frozen concentrates hold importance for bulk buyers, such as restaurants and offices.
The major constraint for the market is adapting to regional tastes and preferences. Specific regions, where consumers are habituated to hot or freshly ground coffee, take a considerable time and reluctance in adapting to the new tastes. Extensive marketing and use of locally sourced products are essential in countering this perception.
Taurine holds the highest market
The RTD coffee market is segmented into ingredient types like taurine, ginseng, yerba mate, guarana, acai berry and vitamin B. Taurine holds the highest market with a global share of more than 35%. The guarana market is the fastest growing segment in the North America RTD coffee market.
Convenience stores, supermarkets and mass sellers are the major sales and distribution networks. Considering the volume dependent nature of the market, availability of the product is a major market determinant. The supermarket shelves and vending machines gain prominence in this regard. Both these access points make soft drink manufacturers the ideal distribution partner, and the dominant market players. This phenomenon can be clearly observed in the long-standing partnership between PepsiCo and Starbucks. By country, U.S holds the highest market share in the North America region.
Major players: CARGILL, STARBUCKS CORPORATION, ASAHI GROUP HOLDINGS AND AJINOMOTO GENERAL FOODS Inc., DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP, GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE ROASTERS, FEROLITO VULTAGGIO & SONS, DR. PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP, JAPAN TOBACCO Inc., LOTTE CHILSUNG BEVERAGE Co.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
• Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
• Value chain analysis
• Volume of the North America RTD Coffee Market by ingredients, packaging, distribution channel and geography
• Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing trend of health awareness
4.1.2 Combination of RTD Coffee with energy drinks
4.2.1 Increasing cost of raw materials
4.2.2 Rising consumption of freshly ground coffee
4.3.1 Targeting new consumer
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Ingredients Type
5.1.3 Yerba Mate
5.1.5 Vitamin B
5.1.6 Acai Berry
5.2 By Packaging
5.2.1 Bottles (Glass & Pet)
5.3 By Sales Channel
5.3.1 Convenience stores
5.3.3 Mass merchandisers
5.3.4 Drug stores
5.3.5 Food services/ Sports nutrition chain
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.5 Competitive Landscape
5.5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.5.2 Joint Ventures
5.5.3 New Product Launches
5.5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5.5 Market Share Analysis
5.6 Company Profiles
5.6.2 Starbucks Corporation
5.6.3 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
5.6.4 Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
5.6.5 Dunkin' Brands Group
5.6.6 Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
5.6.7 Ferolito Vultaggio & Sons
5.6.8 Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
5.6.9 Japan Tobacco Inc.
5.6.10 Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co.
5.6.11 Monster Beverage Co.
5.6.12 Pokka Group
5.6.13 Pepsico Inc.
5.6.14 San Benedetto
5.6.15 Coco-Cola Company