Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Size and Growth Rate:
According to the Research Report, the Global Next Generation Sequencing Market Size was valued at USD 3.6 million in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 12.8 billion in 2022, supported by a CAGR of 19.9% during the forecast period 2014 to 2022.
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Overview:
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) is the massively parallel sequencing technology that has revolutionized the biological sciences. With its extremely high performance, scalability and speed, NGS allow researchers to perform a wide variety of applications and study biological systems at a level never before achieved.
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Growth Drivers and Restraints:
The increase of the applications in the clinical diagnosis is one of the main factors responsible for the growth of this market. In recent years, technologies such as Solexa, SOLiD, Roche and Helicos have provided unique perspectives for high-performance functional genomics research. Its applications in diagnosis include a variety of diseases, such as cancer, hematological disorders, neurology, psychiatry, dysmorphology, visual and auditory deficiencies, cardiology and pharmacogenomics. Compared to Sanger sequencing, NGS has become the dominant genomic technology because of its cost-effectiveness and its use in a wide range of functional genomics applications. Other factors, such as the speed, cost, and accuracy of NGS, the efficient replacement of traditional technologies such as microarrays and rise in drug discovery applications demanding NGS technology, are also contributing to the growth of the next-generation sequencing market.
The market of the next generation sequencing is segmented by product, application, technology, end user and geography. Based on the product, the market is segmented into consumables, platforms, and services. The consumables segment is divided into two categories: consumables for the preparation of samples and other consumables. Consumables for sample preparation are segmented into DNA fragmentation, final repair, selection and size of A-Tailing, library preparation and goal enrichment, and quality control. The segment of the NGS platform is classified as HiSeq, MiSeq, Ion Torrent, SOLiD, Pacbio Rs II & Sequel, and other sequencing platforms. The services sector is divided into sequencing and data management services. In the NGS product segment, consumables dominated in 2015 and are expected to maintain this trend during the forecast period. This is attributed to the fact that they are widely used throughout the sample preparation process and are necessary to carry out other previous stages of NSW.
Regional Analysis of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market:
Geographically, the global next generation sequencing market is segmented in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world (RoW). North America witnessed the largest share of the market in 2018, followed by Europe. The significant participation of North America is attributed to the growing use of NGS in diagnostic and genomic research, the development of NGS data analysis solutions and the availability of research funds in the region.
Some of the Promising Companies leading the Global Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Profiled in the Report are:
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Ltd.
- Beijing Genomics Institute
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Eurofins Scientific
- Agilent Technologies
- Qiagen N.V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Macrogen, Inc.
- Illumina Inc.
The Research Report segments the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market into the following submarkets:
Next Generation Sequencing Market - By Product:
Next Generation Sequencing Market - By Service:
- Genome Sequencing
- Exome Sequencing
- Resequencing & Targeted Sequencing
- Other Sequencing Technologies
Next Generation Sequencing Market - By End User:
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Other End Users
Next Generation Sequencing Market - By Application:
- Drug Discovery
- Precision Medicine
- Other Applications
Next Generation Sequencing Market – By Region:
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle-East & Africa
Key Takeaways from Next Generation Sequencing Market Report:
- For different Devices types, and applications offers calculated growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units), and Value ($M) in each region to estimate Next Generation Sequencing Market potential.
- Identify various driving factors, constraints and untold opportunities that can impact the Next Generation Sequencing Market place
- Know the position of your competitor based on the market shares, financial performance, strategical approaches, SWOT, product benchmarking and so on.
- Increase overall revenue by understanding the geographical impact on sales and distribution channels.
- Evaluate the increase in values at each step of the industry supply chain to improve process efficacy and optimize the value.
- Understand the market dynamics of leading players like deals, partnerships, new products, mergers and acquisitions in the last four years.
- Estimate the gaps in supply-demand, statics involved in import-export, and regulatory framework of the Next Generation Sequencing Market in over 20 top nations.
**The report can be customized as per your requirements, please write your requirements to email@example.com and we will try to revert at the possible earliest.