IoT – Driving the Digital Connected World: Adoption Trends and Forecast 2015-2020 report provides an overview of the IoT adoption and deployment trend based on survey conducted. The report also includes forecasts on IoT spending and deployment across regions and various categories.
Salient Features of the Report and Key Finding includes:
1. The report provides an overview and brief summary of the current scenario of IoT deployment based on the inputs received from the survey conducted across 25+ companies. The survey inputs were received from more than 70+ respondents.
2. The report includes the summarized version of the key findings from the survey which addressed key questions like External/Internal factors for IoT implementations, success evaluation criteria, Major barriers, Implementation challenges etc.
3. Nearly 60% of the respondents remain in the Planning and Discussion stages, whereas 35% of the respondents claim IoT to be Proof Conceptualization and trial/initial deployment stage in their companies.
4. Nearly 40% of the respondents, have IoT deployments strategies and offerings in less than or upto 6 vertical industries.
5. The overall global IoT services spending is estimated to reach $41.3 billion, with IoT installed base estimated to reach 30.4 billion by year-end 2020.
6. It also includes forecast data for IoT installed base, IoT spending, IoT installed base for upto 2020.
IoT Topology and Architecture
Hype Cycle for IoT
Hype Cycle for IoT Standards and Protocols
2. Survey Results
How Significant will be the impact of IoT on your industry
Internal factors for the implementation of IoT solutions
External factors for the implementation of IoT solutions
Factors for measuring the success-rate of IoT deployment
Major barriers for implementation of IoT solutions
Which vendors impact decision for IoT products and solutions
Major IoT integration challenges
IoT deployment and its adoption stage across various companies
IoT deployment penetration by vendors across industries
Major investment opportunities in IoT
Global IoT installed base by Region forecast, 2015-2020
IoT installed base by Smart City Category forecast, 2015-2020
Global IoT spending by category forecast, 2015-2020
IoT services spending by region forecast, 2015-2020
IoT connected devices forecast, 2016 v/s 2022
Fig 1 : Evolution phases of IT
Fig 2 : IoT Capability and Monetization Models
Fig 3 : IoT Connectivity Ecosystem
Fig 4 : Hype Cycle for IoT
Fig 5 : Hype Cycle for IoT Standards and Protocols
Fig 6 : Impact of IoT industry verticals
Fig 7 : Internal factors for the implementation of IoT solutions
Fig 8 : External factors for the implementation of IoT solutions
Fig 9 : Factors for measuring the success-rate of IoT deployment
Fig 10 : Major barriers for implementation of IoT solutions
Fig 11 : Vendor impact on decision making for IoT products and solutions
Fig 12 : IoT Integration Challenges
Fig 13 : IoT Deployment and Adoption -2015 v/s 2020
Fig 14 : IoT Deployment penetration by vendors across industries
Fig 15 : Global IoT installed base forecast, 2015-2020
Fig 16 : Global IoT installed base by Smart City Category forecast, 2015-2020
Fig 17 : Global IoT spending by category forecast, 2015-2020
Fig 18 : IoT services spending by region forecast, 2015-2020
Fig 19 : Global IoT connected devices - 2016 v/s 2022