The global lipid market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Asia-Pacific held the highest market share in the global lipid market, with China and India being the major contributor to the global lipid market growth. The exponential growth of the market is attributed to the increasing need to meet nutritional requirements of an aging population, increasing the prevalence of chronic diseases, changing food landscape, increasing application in infant formulas and dietary supplements.
Increasing Demand for Lipid based supplements to counter the growing prevalence of chronic diseases among – Triggering the Market Growth
The awareness among consumers of the health benefits of lipids is a vital factor which is expected to boosting the growth of the market in the near future. Lipids are known to play a role in genetic modification as well as inﬂuence risk of chronic disease. Amount of fats in a diet plays a crucial role in increasing the risk of chronic diseases.
About 70% of the all the cancers in United States had direct correlation to the patient’s diet. USDA states that about half of the population in the North America, develops a diet-related chronic disease like heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, and arteriosclerosis, which are the leading causes of death in the region. Chronic diseases accounted for almost 60% of all deaths globally in 2017. Over the years consumers have become health conscious and their willingness to spend on supplements for fortified products has increased greatly. The main function of lipids based supplements is to reduce risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer risk and risk of obesity.
Food Segment Continue to Lead the Market by Application
The increasing number of functional benefits coupled with health benefits cast as a prominent driver for the usage of lipids as additives in the food industry. Lipids have a prominent role to play in most of the commercial edibles. They are used to improve aspects of food which is included as flavor, emulsification, texture, density, and hydrogenation. They act as good flavor carrier delivering taste and also improve the smell of products. The role of lipids in the emulsification is to help dispersion of fat uniformly into water. The use of shortenings is formulated with mono-glycerides so fat and milk is emulsified in cake batters in order to create a fine texture for cakes and other products.
Asia-Pacific region Continues to Dominate the Gluten-Free Labelling Market
Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest revenue share in the global lipids market in 2017. In Asia-Pacific, countries such as China and India have high availability of plant and marine lipid sources. According to the United Nations estimates, in 2017, East and South China seas accounted for over 10% of the world fisheries production. The region is projected to be the fastest growing region in global lipid market, witnessing a CAGR of 9.56% over the forecast period.
MAJOR PLAYERS: ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, AVANTI POLAR LIPIDS, CARGILL INCORPORATED, DUPONT, LIPOID, LASENOR EMUL, LECICO, ROYAL DSM, RUCHI SOYA INDUSTRIES, STERN-WYWIOL GRUPPE, UNIMILLS and VAV LIFE SCIENCES., amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
• Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
• Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
• Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
3.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Buyers
188.8.131.52 Threat of New Entrants
184.108.40.206 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
220.127.116.11 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.2 By Application
4.2.2 Nutrition & Supplements
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
4.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland
6.2 Avanti Polar Lipids
6.3 Cargill Incorporated
6.6 Lasenor Emul
6.8 Royal DSM
6.9 Ruchi Soya Industries
6.10 Stern-Wywiol Gruppe
6.12 Vav Life Sciences