The scope of the report is limited to solutions offered by various players such as software and hardware. While the regions considered in the scope of the report include North America, Europe, and others. The study also emphasizes on the end-users of this technology, the trends in respective industries, and their growth.
Although the quality of experience, with regard to audio and visual transmission, has significantly improved over the years, the 2D video technology has several inherent drawbacks, like loss of non-verbal cues, such as eye contact and gestures, which cannot be mitigated easily. Some of these issues are addressed by 3D telepresence, which provides rendering and streaming of 3D video data between two or more parties, and this boosts the adoption of 3D telepresence, globally. The technology has been showcased in several entertainment demonstrations, like Musion 3D. However till date, the practical applications have been limited by the high cost of such 3D systems, as compared to the 2D telepresence/video conferencing.
By taking advantage of recent advances in augmented reality (AR), coupled with 3D, such as Atheer AiR Glasses, Google Glass, and Microsoft HoloLens, the remote consumer’s digital representations could be rendered over the real world, creating a mixed-reality experience. This in turn, is expected to drive the 3D telepresence market.
Enhanced User Experience expected to Drive the Growth
The tele-immersion technology, coupled with 3D technology, provides increased level of presence of the remote users, whether it is bundled with virtual or augmented reality (AR). Aside from enhancing the user experience, in terms of communication, which is currently performed with 2D video conferencing, there is a potential use of this technology in several other areas that would reduce the need for travel. Moreover, applications, such as in remote collaboration, where multi-disciplinary teams have to work closely with 3D data or models, like in design, manufacturing, medicine, physical sciences, architecture, astronomy, digital humanities, and education, among various other applications, are expected to drive the demand for these solutions.
Hardware Devices expected to have the Largest Share
Hardware devices have witnessed a growth in demand, owing to the increasing adoption in educational institutions and multinational corporations. Moreover, the updating process of its previous video conferencing solutions at these places is also expected to drive the demand for the equipment. Moreover, as the hardware becomes cheaper, telepresence methods are becoming more common in low-budget applications. In addition, technological development in the market has led to companies shifting from video conferencing to immersive telepresence solutions. As these solutions are being adopted by company executives and public and political figures extensively, the demand for 3D telepresence hardware is expected to increase.
North America is the Biggest Market
Many large organizations in this region are adopting to 3D telepresence room solutions, which is a significant factor for the high adoption of 3D telepresence in this region. Major players like Cisco, who are investing in 3D telepresence market in this region, are driving the growth of the market. Moreover, companies in the region have teamed up to provide 3D telepresence solutions to their customers. For instance, Cisco and its partners are providing products, like TelePresenceTX9000, for consumers to improve their immersive experience to traditional meeting rooms.
Key Developments in the Market
• August 2017: Digital Video Enterprises (DVE) launched DVE Holo-Suite, creating ultra-realistic holographic images of people in a telepresence meeting. The DVE Holo-Suite also enables 3D volumetric images generated for captivating presentations. The presentations can be video segments, real-time computer-generated objects, and display transparent slide deck presentations.
Major layers: TELEPRESENCE TECH, CISCO SYSTEMS INC., MICROSOFT CORPORATION, TELIRIS, INC. (DIMENSION DATA), DIGITAL VIDEO ENTERPRISES INC., MUSION, POLYCOM INC., AND ZTE CORPORATION, amongst others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• To examine whether the increasing demand for time-saving technologies in organizations is changing market scenario?
• Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• To know the solution type and end user that are expected to dominate the market.
• The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by major market players.
• 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Enhanced User Experience
4.2.2 Increasing Demand for Time-saving technologies in Organizations
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 High Price of the 3D Telepresence Systems
4.3.2 Technology yet to be Fully Commercialized
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global 3D Telepresence Market Segmentation
5.1 By Solution Type
5.2 By End User
5.2.4 Customer Service
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Middle East & Africa
5.3.5 Latin America
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 TelePresence Tech
6.2 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.3 Microsoft Corporation
6.4 Teliris Inc. (Dimension Data)
6.5 Digital Video Enterprises Inc.
6.7 Polycom Inc.
6.8 ZTE Corporation
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the 3D Telepresence Market