Functional Mushrooms Market Overview:
Mushrooms have been a staple of many cuisines. Modern cultivation methods have made the most common types of mushrooms, like portobellos, shiitakes and many others popular globally. Functional mushrooms also known as medicinal mushrooms are produced from mycelium (the root system of the mushroom) which is being grown on grain, are the strains that have beneficial properties that can positively impact the consumer’s health.
The global functional mushrooms market is expected to record a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period.
Health Benefits Associated with the Consumption of Mushrooms
Functional mushroom have health benefits beyond providing nutrition. Common advantages cited by proponents of the functional mushroom trend include anti-inflammatory properties, which are helpful for consumers with a variety of medical conditions that include inflammation as a symptom. The presence of substances like antioxidants, which can help boost blood flow, reduce stress, strengthen immunity, many other benefits drive the functional mushrooms market globally.
Reishi and Cordyceps Holds Major Share in Breakfast Food Market
The functional mushrooms market is largely dominated by reishi and cordyceps followed by the other types of medicinal mushrooms. Reishi, Known in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as the “Elixir of Life” and the “Mushroom of Immortality”. Considered to be the #1 herb in the entire TCM pharmacopoeia. Cordyceps, mostly used by many professional athletes to increase endurance and stamina and energy, and also to reduce recovery time after strenuous workout, increases the mitochondrial ATP synthesis by as much as 40%. All these medicinal mushrooms are used to boost and balance the consumer’s immune system.
Chaga, which is most consumed functional mushroom as an everyday tea for better digestive system and have immune-modulatory effects in the body, is the fastest growing functional mushroom in various application during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Dominating the Functional Mushrooms Market
With high production, consumption and exports, Asia-pacific functional mushrooms market records the highest market share. China being the dominating country, it exports functional mushrooms to other countries like United States, U.K, Germany, etc., followed by Japan. Europe is the fastest growing region in the global functional mushroom market during the forecast period.
Functional Mushrooms Market Key Developments
January, 2018: Four Sigmatic introduced a functional mushroom infused coffee with an aim to transform the fungi to improve immune system.
Functional Mushrooms Market – Key Players:
- Half Hill Farm Inc.
- Zerif Lite.
- Real Mushrooms.
- Pan's Mushroom Jerky.
- Om. Organic Mushroom Nutrition.
- Yuguo Farms.
- Fire, Inc.
This research report includes following segmentation for the Functional Mushrooms Market size and forecast until 2024.
Functional Mushrooms Market - By Type
- Lion’s Mane
- Turkey Tail
Functional Mushrooms Market - By Applications
- Food and Beverage
- Processed Food
- Functional Food and Beverage
- Dietary Supplements
- Personal Care
Functional Mushrooms Market Analysis - By Region
- North America
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons to Purchase Functional Mushrooms Market Report:
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Global and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players