Europe metal finishing equipment market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.43% during 2018 to 2023 (the forecast period). Germany dominated the Europe metal finishing equipment market, accounting for around 35% of the market through the forecast period.
Inorganic Metal Finishing to dominate the Metal Finishing Equipment Market
Applications, such as electroplating, surface preparation, galvanizing, and electroless plating, amongst other applications, are driving the inorganic metal finishing market. Electroplating process segment dominated the inorganic metal finishing market in 2017. Electroplating acts as a barrier against corrosion, enhances the appearance of the metal, reduces friction, is an efficient conductive solution, improves catalytic converter performance, and prevents formation of whiskers; all of which make it a viable choice to be used as a process for metal finishing applications, thus, driving its growth in the inorganic metal finishing market.
Increasing Usage in Automotive
In the automotive industry, metal finishing is used in engine and other under-the-hood components, power steering systems, brake parts and systems, air-conditioning components and systems, chassis hardware, climate control components, and fuel systems. In Europe, countries, such as France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, and Sweden, have seen good growth in automotive production, which in turn, will increase the consumption of metal finishing in Europe, during the forecast period.
In Europe, automotive segment accounted to around 42% of the metal finishing market.
Germany to Dominate Market Growth through 2023
Germany dominated the Europe metal finishing market, accounting for around 35% of the market through the forecast period. Growing use of metal finishing technique in automotive, electronics, construction, aerospace, medical devices, manufacturing, etc., in the country will facilitate the growth of metal finishing technique, during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
• December 2017: Advanced Coatings Inc. was expected to purchase Pioneer Metal Finishing's facility and assets.
Major Players: HONEYWELL, PRAXAIR SURFACE TECHNOLOGIES, OERLIKON, UYEMURA INTERNATIONAL amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future Europe metal finishing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Region that is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growth of Automotive and Steel Industries
4.1.2 Need for Durable, Wear Resistant, and Long Lasting Metal Products
4.2.1 Restriction of Use from Environmental and Chemical Agents
4.2.2 Growing Replacement of Metals by Plastics
4.3.1 Growth of Electroless Plating
4.3.2 Shift from Traditional Solvent Borne Technologies to Newer Technologies
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth & Forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Inorganic Metal Finishing
22.214.171.124 Pretreatment/Surface Preparation
126.96.36.199 Consumables and Spares
188.8.131.52 Electroless Plating
184.108.40.206 Conversion Coatings
220.127.116.11 Electro Polishing
5.1.2 Organic Metal Finishing
5.1.3 Hybrid Metal Finishing
5.2 By Application
5.2.6 Heavy Equipment
5.2.7 Medical Devices
6. Country Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth & Forecast)
6.2 United Kingdom
6.5 Nordic Countries
6.7 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis**
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.2 Technic Inc.
8.3. Sifco Metal Industries
8.4 TIB Chemicals AG
8.5 Elementis PLC.
8.6 Plating Equipment Ltd.
8.7 Atotech Deutschland GmbH
8.8 Anochrome Group
8.9 Caswell Inc
* List not exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain