Depression Drugs Market Size, Growth Rate & Forecast (2019 - 2025)
According to the Research Report, the Global Depression Drugs Market Size was valued at USD xx million in 2019 and is expected to rise at a compound annual rate of xx% from 2019 to 2025.
Depression Drugs - Market Dynamics:
- The increase in the prevalence of depression, the increase in the geriatric population and the emergence of new drug development techniques producing fewer side effects are the driving force of the market. In addition, the growing awareness of the state of the disease and the clinical needs and the increase in the number of people suffering from stress can stimulate the growth of the depression drugs market.
- However, it is expected that the poor efficacy and safety profiles of the drug, the preference for non-pharmacologic therapies and the increased number of depression drug patents that lead to a weak line will weaken the growth of the market.
- The increase in drug research and development against depression is attributed to market share and significant opportunities.
Segmentation of the Global Depression Drugs Market as Listed below:
Depression Drugs Market - By Medication Class
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRI)
- Tetracyclic Antidepressants (TeCAs)
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
Based on the medication class, Monoamine oxidase inhibitors are witnessed to lead the highest shares of the market. Rising geriatric population is a major factor propelling the demand of the market to the extent.
Depression Drugs Market - By Drug Class
- Atypical antipsychotics
- Serotonin, and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
- Central nervous system stimulants
On the basis of drug class, Atypical antipsychotics are accounted to dominate the largest shares of the market. Increasing awareness of the use of drugs among physicians is mainly accelerating the demand for this segment.
Depression Drugs Market - By Brand
On the basis of the brand, the market is segmented into Celera, Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Paxil, Lexapro, and Presto. Celexa is holding significant shares of the market by growing awareness of the utilization of quality medicines.
Depression Drugs Market - By Disease Type
- Depressive disorder
- Schizophrenia and bipolar I disorder
- Induced by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
By type of disease, depressive disorder is having huge opportunities from recent years by owing to the rise in the side effects with the use of newly developed medications.
Depression Drugs Market - By Distribution Channel
- Online pharmacies
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
On the basis of the distribution channels, Hospital pharmacies are elevated to have the highest growth rate in the coming years. The rise in the incidences of various depression disorders is fueling the growth of the market eventually.
Depression Drugs Market Analysis - By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Regionally, the market is led by North America by owing to the adoption of the latest technologies and the launch of various products in favor of a patient’s health condition. The Asia Pacific and Europe are next to North America in leading dominant shares of the market with the rise in the support from the government on investments and also rising elderly population. The Middle East and Africa are to have the fastest growth rate in the near future.
Some of the Prominent Companies leading the Global Depression Drugs Market Profiled in the Report are:
- Novartis International AG
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Allergan, Plc
- MSI Methylation Sciences Inc.
- Luye Pharma Group Ltd.
- H. Lundbeck A/S