The global cosmetics and perfumery glass bottles market was valued USD 1745.91 million and is estimated to witness a CAGR of 3.63% over the forecast period (2019-2024). Urbanization, growing millennial population, and rising disposable income are the major contributors to this growth. Urbanization created several opportunities for the market players, and consumer awareness regarding the availability of different cosmetics is driving the demand for cosmetic products, and subsequently, packaging.
• Key players in the fragrance and perfume market are focusing on developing natural-based fragrances, due to the rising consciousness about risks associated with synthetic fragrances. For instance, the Luxe brand positioned itself as a natural fragrance brand and is also collaborating with celebrities for product endorsement.
• The increasing demand for personalized and natural fragrances is augmenting the market’s growth. Key players are focusing on developing innovative fragrances and packaging to boost their sales across the world.
• Furthermore, premium brands are gaining high popularity among consumers. Increasing customer spending on luxury products due to the rising disposable income, particularly in the Middle East and Europe, which is instrumental in boosting the global fragrance and perfume market’s growth.
• Bottles have been a favored pack format for decades and constituting a majority share of the perfumes and cosmetics, demonstrating the popularity of this pack type. Bottles are the core pack types for majorly all applications in these products, and thus, there is no apparent shift in product launches.
• They, however, are facing fierce competition from tubes and thus, in response to the same, companies are providing different kinds of applications and closures for the same, to make them suitable for on-the-go use.
Scope of the Report
Packaging is a critical element for the cosmetic and perfume industries. Packaging for these industries is not only about security and protection but also about ensuring that the product is kept in its best condition during transportation and storage.
Key Market Trends
Perfume segment is expected to register a Significant Growth
As glass bottles dominate the global fragrance and perfume market, hence, growing demand for perfume is also expected to increase usage of glass bottles in cosmetic sectors.
Also, the demand is growing for natural-based fragrances instead of synthetic-based ingredients, due to growing consciousness about the risk of allergies and toxins. For instance, the United States-based LUXE Brands, Inc. is positioning itself as a natural fragrance brand and is also collaborating with celebrities for product endorsement.
According to industry estimates, the Indian perfume industry is valued at INR 2000 crores, estimated to grow by 50% by 2020. The current online perfume market is also estimated at INR 148 crores expected to increase by approximately 120%.
Also, the increasing importance of personal grooming, coupled with growing demand from the millennial population, are forcing many luxury perfume companies to cater to local markets too.
For instance, Ahmedabad-based luxury perfume company, All Good Scents was launched in 2014. The company introduced its luxury products in the local market and recorded a month-on-month average sales growth of 40% in 2016.
The increasing adoption of advanced technologies in the United States for cosmetic packaging and growing trends of skincare products are some of the significant factors driving the market growth. Nail care and perfumes products seem to be the biggest focus of consumers and retailers in the country. Due to the growing demand for cosmetic products, many cosmetics vendors are also adopting and innovating intelligent glass packaging solution to improve customers’ interests, as well as increase product safety.
For instance, in 2018, Verescence, with two production facilities in Atlanta, showcased its latest patented technologies in the United States, including Unbreakable Glass and Mineral Glass, as well as NEO infinite glass (the first premium clear glass composed of 90% recycled materials). It also introduced a wide range of stock bottles and many personalization techniques (colors, shapes, and decoration) that can transform La Collection bottles into customized creations.
The packaging vendors in the country are also highly producing Airless pump and glass bottles. These protect sensitive products, such as natural skin care creams, serums, foundations, and other preservative-free formula creams, by preventing them from excessive exposure to air, thus, increase product shelf life up to 15%.
The cosmetics and perfumery glass bottles market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
The companies operating in the market are also acquiring start-ups working on cosmetics and perfumery glass bottles to strengthen their product capabilities. For instance, in Sep 2018, Lumson has acquired Leoplast to boost its strength in the prestige makeup sector. This acquisition is expected to help the company generate substantial investments and support its development in international markets as an excellent manufacturer of primary packaging for lipsticks.
Roma International PLC
Saver Glass Inc.
Table of Contents
1. Study Deliverables
2. Study Assumptions
3. Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
1. Market Overview
2. Market Drivers
1. Rising Demand for Dropper Bottles
2. Increased Emphasis on Packaging for Product Differentiation
3. Market Restraints
1. Growth Of Plastic Packaging as a Substitute for Glass Bottles
4. Porters 5 Force Analysis
1. Threat of New Entrants
2. Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4. Threat of Substitute Products
5. Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
2. Nail Care
3. Skin Care
4. Other Products
1. North America
2. United Kingdom
5. Rest of Europe
3. Asia Pacific
2. South Korea
5. Rest of Asia Pacific
4. Latin America
5. Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
1. Company Profiles
1. Verescence Inc.
2. Vidraria Anchieta
3. Vitro SAB De CV
4. Zignago Vetro SpA
5. Piramal Glass
6. Pragati Glass Pvt Ltd
7. Roma International Plc
8. Saver Glass Inc.
9. Sgb Packaging Inc.
10. Sks Bottle & Packaging Inc.
11. Stolzle-Oberglas GmbH
12. Apg Group (Verbeeck Packaging Group)
13. Baralan International SpA
14. Bormioli Luigi
15. Consol Glass (Pty) Ltd
16. Continental Bottle Company Ltd
17. Dsm Packaging Sdn Bhd
18. Gerresheimer Group
19. Heinz-Glas Group Holdings
20. Lumson SpA
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS