CIMIC Group Limited , formerly Leighton Holdings Limited, is involved in project development and contracting business. The group operates through its subsidiaries, which provide construction, mining, and operation and maintenance services to the infrastructure, resources and property markets. CIMIC provides strategic direction and planning, financial management, market positioning and corporate public affairs support to its subsidiaries. The group operates in Asia Pacific, the Middle East Sub-Saharan Africa and South America.
The group operates through eight business segments: Construction, Mining and Mineral Processing, Commercial and Residential, Services, Corporate, Habtoor Leighton Group (HLG), Public Private Partnerships (“PPPs”), and Engineering. CIMIC's Construction segment is engaged in delivering projects across the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
This segment operates through CPB Contractors (formerly Leighton Contractors) and Leighton Asia. In FY2016, the Construction segment reported revenues of AUD7,316.8 million, which accounted for 67.4% of the group's total revenue. The group's Mining and Mineral Processing segment includes metallurgical and thermal coal, copper, diamonds, gold, iron ore, lignite, nickel and oil sands.
The segment’s capabilities encompass mine planning, operations and technical services, continuous mining systems, mobile plant management, product handling and processing and mine infrastructure. CMIC’s mining operations are conducted through its subsidiary, Thiess. Also, the group is a market leader in the design, construction and operation of mineral processing plants and associated minesite infrastructure.
The group conduct all its mineral processing operations through its subsidiary, Sedgman. In FY2016, the Mining and Mineral Processing segment reported revenues of AUD2,786.2 million, which accounted for 25.7% of the group's total revenue. Commercial and Residential segment offers expert services for every stage of a property development, across various property sectors including commercial, residential and mixed-use precincts. Leighton Properties is the CIMIC group’s property development company.
In FY2016, the Commercial and Residential segment reported revenues of AUD439.8 million, which accounted for 4.1% of the group's total revenue. The group’s Services segment renders end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. It is active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power and resources, water and defence markets. All the group’s Services operations are conducted through UGL.
In FY2016, the Services segment reported revenues of AUD204.2 million, which accounted for 1.9% of the group's total revenue. The group’s Corporate segment represents the corporate head office and includes transactions relating to Group finance, taxation, treasury, corporate secretarial and certain strategic investments.
In FY2016, the Corporate segment reported revenues of AUD106.6 million, which accounted for 1% of the group's total revenue. The group’s Habtoor Leighton Group (HLG) segment is an international contractor and operates in Middle-East and North Africa.
In FY2016, the HLG segment has not generated revenues. The group’s Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) segment operates through Pacific Partnerships. It is the group’s project finance arm. It develops and invests in infrastructure projects built by CIMIC’s operating companies and is a long-term partner to clients through the provision of operation and maintenance services throughout the life of the asset. It also invests PPPs and Build Operate Transfer projects.
In FY2016, the PPPs segment has not generated revenues. CIMIC’s Engineering segment provides specialist design, technical support, research and technology for Group projects. It delivers solutions, capability and innovation in the disciplines of infrastructure, industrial, building and specialist design. EIC Activities is a group’s engineering business arm. In FY2016, the Engineering segment has not generated revenues. CIMIC also offers services related to telecommunications, infrastructure and utilities services.
CIMIC's subsidiaries include Leighton Contractors (Asia) Limited, Leighton International Holdings Limited, Nexus Point Solutions Pty Ltd and Thiess India Pvt Ltd. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments, namely Australia Pacific, Asia, Middle East, Americas and Africa. In FY2016, Australia Pacific segment accounted for 67.6% of the group's total revenues, followed by Asia, Middle East, Americas and Africa with 32.4%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of CIMIC Group Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about CIMIC Group Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines CIMIC Group Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases CIMIC Group Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of CIMIC Group Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does CIMIC Group Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of CIMIC Group Limited?
- How has CIMIC Group Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does CIMIC Group Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are CIMIC Group Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are CIMIC Group Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of CIMIC Group Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years