China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited is a provider of telecommunications services in China. The company along with its subsidiaries provides cellular and fixed-line voice and related value-added services; broadband and other internet-related services; information and communications technology (ICT) services; and business and data communications services.
The company operates in both CDMA and GSM markets in 31 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions of China. The company classifies its business operations into a single reportable segment: telecommunication sales and services that is engaged in mobile services and fixed-line business.
However, the company reports revenues under two businesses: mobile services business and fixed-line services. The company's mobile service business consists of GSM, 3G and LTE networks. China Unicom's mobile services consist of core services, including local call, domestic long-distance call, international long-distance call, long-distance call to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, domestic roaming, international roaming, roaming in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, high-speed mobile broadband service.
It also includes traditional value-added services such as SMS, MMS, ring-back tone, GPRS, wireless Internet access card. In addition, the mobile business provide new value-added services, including mobile music, mobile TV, mobile mailbox, Wo portal, Wo store, Wo reading.
As of December 31, 2016, the company’s had 263.82 million and 104.55 million mobile billing subscribers and 4G subscribers, respectively. China Unicom offers a range of fixed-line services in China.
Through its fixed line voice network, the company provides the public with various call services, including local call, domestic long-distance call, international long-distance call, long-distance call to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. It also offers internet protocol (IP) phone and phone card, as well as fixed-line broadband services, data communications services and value-added services such as fixed line ring-back tone, voice information service, phone Q-bar, relocation without changing numbers, incoming call number display, three-party voice and voice mailbox.
Through its broadband and internet networks, China Unicom provides various fixed line access services such as digital subscriber line (DSL), dedicated line and optical fiber, wireless access services such as WLAN and GPRS, as well as various internet applications such as network printing, green surfing, E-shield, network security and network storage. As of December 31, 2016, the company had 66.65 million fixed-line subscribers.
The company’s sales of telecommunications products, mainly consists of handsets and accessories that are not bundled with mobile services. In FY2016, the company reported revenue of CNY33,215 million from sales of telecommunications products.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of China Unicom Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about China Unicom Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines China Unicom Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases China Unicom Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of China Unicom Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does China Unicom Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of China Unicom Limited?
- How has China Unicom Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does China Unicom Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are China Unicom Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are China Unicom Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of China Unicom Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years