China Mobile Limited offers mobile telecommunications services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly administered municipalities in Mainland China as well as in Hong Kong. As on December 31, 2016, China Mobile's total number of customers reached 926.6 million, including 849 million mobile and 77.6 million wireline broadband customers. The company offers mobile telecommunications services principally using the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) technologies. In addition, the company offers high-speed internet access through its wireless local area network (WLAN) and TD-LTE (long-term evolution) network.
China Mobile operates through one segment which is engaged in telecommunications and related business. The company's businesses is categorized into data services, voice services, sales of products, and others.
China Mobile's Data Services includes short message services (SMS) and multimedia message services (MMS), wireless data traffic business, and applications and information services. In FY2016, the company's SMS usage reached 542.4 billion messages. The company's wireless data traffic business includes mobile data traffic service and WLAN service. In FY2016, the company's mobile data traffic reached 5,681 billion petabytes. In FY2016, the Data Services business reported revenues of CNY394,937 million, which accounted for 55.7% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Voice Services includes voice usage services and voice value-added services. The voice services include local calls, domestic long distance calls, international long distance calls, and Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan long distance calls, domestic roaming, international roaming and Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan roaming services. Voice value-added services include caller identity display, call waiting, conference calls and other services. In addition, the company provides wireless internet services and digital applications, including music, video, reading, gaming and animation. In FY2016, the Voice Services business reported revenues of CNY209,949 million, which accounted for 29.6% of the company's total revenue.
China Mobile offers mobile communication service through second generation (2G), 3G and 4G networks. The company also provides applications and information services. The segment also offers specialized services for corporate customers, such as dedicated lines and internet data centers (IDC).
China Mobile offers handsets through open channels in order to provide customers with terminals with more diversified functions. In FY2016, the Sale of Products and Others business reported revenues of CNY84,999 million, which accounted for 12% of the company's total revenue.
In addition, China Mobile offers interconnection services, which refers to various arrangements that permit the connection of the company's network to other mobile or fixed-line networks. These agreements provide for arrangements relating to interconnection settlement. In FY2016, the others business reported revenues of CNY18,536 million, which accounted for 2.6% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of China Mobile Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about China Mobile Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines China Mobile Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases China Mobile Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of China Mobile Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does China Mobile Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of China Mobile Limited?
- How has China Mobile Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does China Mobile Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are China Mobile Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are China Mobile Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of China Mobile Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years