The China agricultural irrigation machinery market is expected to register a high CAGR of during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. China is the country with the largest area equipped for irrigation, 69.4 million ha. Agriculture contributes approximately 8.6% to China’s GDP. Farming accounts for about 65% of water use in China. It is also one of the highest producer as well as consumer of water-intensive crops such as rice, corn. Northern China is home to about 42 percent of China's population but only has 8 percent of the country's water resources. As the most populous country in the world, China always faces challenges for food security. The food security is vulnerable due to rapid urbanization leading to shrinkage of arable land, and climate change is projected to modify precipitation geographically and temporally, placing more stress on the water by altering the frequency of rainfall. The country must feed its 1.3 billion people with less than 10% of the world’s arable land an 7% of world’s fresh water. Thus, expansion of irrigation coverage has been primary focus in recent times. China has recently announced that it would spend 1.7 trillion Yuan on land consolidation. As a result market for agricultural irrigation machinery will go up. Irrigation stabilizes crop production, improves crop quality, reduces rural poverty, and allows for diversification in farm production. Irrigation mechanization involves the methods through which the crucial and scarce resource of water can be optimally distributed. The most prominent of the mechanisms are the drip and sprinkler irrigation systems. Drip Irrigation involves the release of water at the ground level in a drop wise manner, whereas sprinkler systems deliver water in a more voluminous fashion.
Key Developments in the Market
• January 2017: Nelson Irrigation Corporation launches a new tan bubble-wide spray plate for low energy precision irrigation applications.
• October 2017: The Toro Company Partners with EarthLab in community orchard project.
Major Key Players - NELSON IRRIGATION CORPORATION, NETAFIM LIMITED, JAIN IRRIGATION SYSTEMS LTD.,TORO COMPANY, LINDSAY CORPORATION
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• The report analyses the type of irrigation equipment that is gaining popularity in China.
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
• Three months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Farm Consolidation To Drive Equipment Sales
5.1.2. Drought Prone Northern China
5.2.1. Higher Price Of Agricultural Irrigation Equipment
5.3.1. Water And Energy Management Through Technological Upgradation
6. China Agricultural Irrigation Machinery Market, Segmented By Irrigation Type
6.1. Sprinkler Irrigation
6.1.1. Pumping Unit
6.1.4. Spray/Sprinklers Heads
6.1.5. Fittings And Accessories
6.2. Drip Irrigation
6.2.2. Backflow Preventers
6.2.3. Pressure Regulators And Valves
7. Competitive Landscape
7.2. Market Share Analysis
7.3. Key Players And Developments
8. Company Profiles
8.1. Nelson Irrigation Corporation
8.2. Netafim Limited
8.3. Epc Industries Limited
8.4. China Drip
8.5. T-L Irrigation Co.
8.6. The Toro Company
8.7. Valmont Industries
8.8. Deere & Company
8.9. Lindsay Corporation
8.10. Rain Bird Corporation
8.11. Rivulis Irrigation
9. Future Outlook