Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. is engaged in providing research models required in research and development of new drugs, devices and therapies. The company offers its products and services to global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies, hospitals and academic institutions throughout the world. The company operates in the US, Canada, Japan, Europe and other regions of the world. It operates about 75 facilities in 23 countries worldwide.
The company's operations are divided into three business segments: Discovery and Safety Assessment (DSA), Research Models and Services (RMS), and Manufacturing Support (Manufacturing).
The DSA segment of CRL offers discovery and safety assessment services, both regulated and non-regulated, which include both in vitro and in vivo studies, supporting laboratory services, and strategic non-clinical consulting and program management to support product development. DSA segment offers services in two categories: discovery services, and safety assessment.
The discovery services business category offers discovery services ranging from identification of a novel druggable target, followed by high-throughput screening and medical chemistry, through delivery of non-clinical drug and therapeutic candidates ready for safety assessment. Early discovery and in vivo discovery businesses of CRL are integrated into discovery services business category.
Safety assessment business category offers a range of discovery and safety assessment studies required for regulatory submission on a global basis. The safety assessment facilities includes bioanalysis, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics; safety pharmacology; toxicology; and pathology services.
In FY2016, the DSA segment reported revenues of $836.6 million, which accounted for 49.8% of the company's total revenue.
The company's RMS segment supplies research models to the drug development industry. It offers services in two categories: research models and RMS.
Research models business category is comprised of the commercial production and sale of research models, principally purpose-bred rats and mice for use by researchers. The company provides its rodent models to numerous clients around the world, including most pharmaceutical companies, a range of biotechnology companies, and many government agencies, hospitals, and academic institutions.
In RMS business category, there are three services offered by the company. These are genetically engineered models and services (GEMS), insourcing solutions (IS), and research animal diagnostic services (RADS).
Under GEMS, the company breeds and maintains research models purchased or purposefully created by its clients for biomedical research activities. CRL provides these services to clients around the world ranging from pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to hospitals and universities.
Under IS, the company manages research operations (including recruitment, training, staffing, and management services) for government entities, academic organizations, and commercial clients. Under RADS, the company monitors and analyzes the health profiles of research models and cell lines used by its clients.
In FY2016, the RMS segment reported revenues of $494 million, which accounted for 29.4% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Manufacturing Support (Manufacturing) services has three business categories: microbial solutions, biologics testing solutions, and avian vaccine services.
The microbial solutions business category provides in vitro methods for conventional and rapid quality control testing of sterile and non-sterile biopharmaceutical and consumer products. Biologics testing solutions business category performs specialized testing of biologics frequently outsourced by global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Under avian vaccine services, CRL supplies SPF (specific pathogen free) fertile chicken eggs and chickens.
In FY2016, the Manufacturing segment reported revenues of $350.8 million, which accounted for 20.8% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, and other Non-US regions. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 50.6% of the company's total revenues, followed by Canada with 11.6%; Japan with 2.8%; Europe with 31%; and other Non-US regions with 4%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.?
- How has Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years