CGN New Energy Holdings (formerly CGN Meiya Power Holdings) is an independent power producer (IPP) in North Asia. The company develops, finances, constructs and operates power projects. The company operates in Hong Kong and South Korea.
The company operates through three segments: Power Plants in the PRC, Power Plants in Korea and Management Companies. CGN's Power Plants in the PRC segment is engaged in the generation and supply of electricity. In FY2016, the Power Plants in the PRC segment reported revenues of USD389.9 million, which accounted for 36.3% of the company's total revenue.
The Power Plants in Korea segment is engaged in the generation and supply of electricity. In FY2016, the Power Plants in Korea segment reported revenues of USD658.4 million, which accounted for 61.3% of the company's total revenue. The company’s Management Companies segment is involved in the provision of management services to power plants operated by CGN and its subsidiaries.
In FY2016, the Management Companies segment reported revenues of USD26.1 million, which accounted for 2.4% of the company's total revenue. The company's portfolio of power projects includes solar power projects and wind power projects, hydro projects, coal-fired projects, oil-fired projects, gas-fired projects and cogen projects. CGN's solar power and wind power projects engaged in the green power generation industry and the natural environment.
The company's hydro projects include Zuojiang Hydro Project in Guangxi, Fushi Hydro Project in Guangxi (Phase I) and Mianyang Hydro Project in Sichuan. CNG's coal-fired projects include Puguang Coal-fired Project in Henan, Huangshi Coal-fired Project in Hubei (Phase I) and Huangshi Coal-fired Project in Hubei (Phase II). Puguang Power Project is a 2x125MW (megawatt) coal-fired power plant located in Henan Province. Huangshi I coal-fired project is comprised of an inseparable 50% interest in a 200 MW unit (Part I) and two 330 MW units (Part II), totaling 760 MW. Huangshi Coal-fired Project (Phase II) has a gross capacity of 1,360 MW and is a base load facility located in Huangshi, near Wuhan. CGN Meiya's cogen projects comprise Nantong Cogen Project in Jiangsu and Haian Cogen Project in Jiangsu.
Nantong Cogen Project in Jiangsu is a coal-fired cogen project in Jiangsu, China, located in the Nantong ETD Zone in Jiangsu province. Haian Cogen Project in Jiangsu is a coal-fired cogen project in Jiangsu, China, located in the Haian ETD Zone in Jiangsu province. The company's steam projects include Jinqiao Steam Project in Shanghai. Jinqiao Steam Project in Shanghai is a steam coal-fired project in Shanghai, China. The company's gas-fired projects include Yulchon Gas-fired Project in Korea (Phase I), Yulchon Gas-fired Project in Korea (Phase II), Yulchon Fuel Cell Project in Korea, Hanneng Gas-fired Project in Wuhan and Weigang Gas-fired Project in Shanghai.
Yulchon Power Project is a 577.4 MW gas-fired combined cycle power project with an intermediate to peaking facility located at the Yulchon Industrial Complex, Jeollanam-do, in the southern part of the Korean peninsula. Yulchon II Power Project is a 946.3 MW gas-fired combined cycle power project located adjacent to Yulchon I Power Project at the Yulchon Industrial Complex, Jeollanam-do, in the southern part of the Korean peninsula. Hanneng Gas-fired Project in Wuhan is a gas-fired project in Hubei, China, located in the Wuhan Economic and Technological Development Zone, Hubei province. Weigang Gas-fired Project in Shanghai is a blast furnace gas-fired project in Shanghai, China, located within the Baosteel complex in Shanghai.
It generates electricity for Baosteel using waste gas from Baosteel's blast furnace. CGN Meiya's Zuojiang Hydro Project is a river hydro facility located along the Zuojiang River. It supplies electricity to the Guangxi provincial grid. The plant has an installed capacity of around 72 MW. Fushi Hydro Project in Guangxi (Phase I) is a hydro project in Guangxi, China. Mianyang Hydro Project in Sichuan is a hydro project in Sichuan, China, located in the Economic Development Zone of Mianyang. The company's oil-fired project includes Daesan Oil-fired Project in Korea (Phase I) Daesan I Power Project is a 507 MW oil-fired combined cycle facility located in the Daesan industrial complex in the western part of Korea.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.?
- How has CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of CGN New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years