Centrica plc is an integrated energy company engaged in providing electricity, natural gas, and home services as well as gas storage services. The company operates in the UK, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and the US. Centrica operates through eight business segments: Energy Supply and Services – UK and Ireland; Energy Supply and Services – North America; Energy Marketing and Trading; Exploration and Production; Central Power Generation; Distributed Energy and Power; Centrica Storage; and Connected Home.
Energy Supply and Services – UK and Ireland segment is engaged in the supply of gas and electricity to residential customers in the UK and the Republic of Ireland through UK Home; UK Business; and Ireland. It also provides residential services, including installation; repair and maintenance of domestic central heating; plumbing and drains; gas appliances; and kitchen appliances, including the provision of fixed-fee maintenance and breakdown service and insurance contracts in the UK.
In addition, the company is engaged in the supply of gas and electricity and provision of energy-related services to business customers in the UK. Ireland provides gas, electricity and energy management solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers in the Republic of Ireland. It is also engaged in the power generation to the Republic of Ireland; and the repair and maintenance of domestic central heating in the Republic of Ireland.
UK Home has 21.8 million customer accounts; UK Business has 720,000 customer accounts and Ireland has 690,000 customer accounts. During FY2016, the company’s total consumption stood at 12,022 million therms (mmth) of gas and 144,810 Gigawatt hours (GWh) of electricity.
In FY2016, the Energy Supply and Services – UK and Ireland segment reported revenues of GBP12,055 million, which accounted for 44.5% of the company's total revenue. Energy Supply and Services – North America segment is engaged in the supply of gas and electricity to residential customers in North America through North America Home and North America Business.
It also provides residential and business services, including installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment; water heaters; solar power generating equipment; and the provision of breakdown services, including the provision of fixed-fee maintenance/breakdown service and insurance contracts in North America. North America Home has 3.8 million customer accounts and North America Business has 590,000 customer accounts.
In FY2016, the Energy Supply and Services – North America segment reported revenues of GBP10,366 million, which accounted for 38.2% of the company's total revenue. Energy Marketing and Trading segment is engaged in the trading and optimization of energy in the UK and Europe. The company provides risk management and wholesale market access for customers.
In FY2016, the Energy Marketing and Trading segment reported revenues of GBP3,194 million, which accounted for 11.8% of the company's total revenue. Exploration and Production segment is engaged in the production and processing of gas and oil and the development of new fields to maintain reserves in the UK, Europe and North America.
The segment is primarily focused on the UK, Netherlands and Norway. The total gas and liquids production was 71.2 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe) in FY2016. In FY2016, the Exploration and Production segment reported revenues of GBP771 million, which accounted for 2.8% of the company's total revenue. Central Power Generation segment is engaged in the generation of power from combined cycle gas turbines (CCGT), wind and nuclear assets in the UK.
The company hold a 20% interest in eight nuclear power stations in the UK. The company’s share of nuclear generation volume was 13 terawatt hours (TWh) at the end of FY2016. In FY2016, the Central Power Generation segment reported revenues of GBP458 million, which accounted for 1.7% of the company's total revenue. Distributed Energy and Power (DE & P) segment is engaged in the supply of energy efficiency solutions, flexible generation and new technologies to commercial and industrial customers in all geographies in which the company operates.
Flexible merchant generation is also provided to the UK system operator. The DE & P segment is being developed around three categories; energy insights, energy optimization, and energy solutions. The segment also includes smaller operating gas fired peaking plants at Barry, Brigg and Peterborough. In FY2016, the Distributed Energy capacity was 543 MW with 3,924 active customer sites.
In FY2016, the Distributed Energy and Power segment reported revenues of GBP159 million, which accounted for 0.6% of the company's total revenue. Centrica Storage is one of the largest gas storage facilities in the UK. The company stores gas on behalf of utilities, gas traders and gas producers, including other Centrica businesses. It operates the Rough gas storage facility, which is a strategic storage asset for the UK. In FY2016, the Centrica Storage segment reported revenues of GBP74 million, which accounted for 0.3% of the company's total revenue. Connected Home segment is engaged in the supply of energy efficiency solutions and new technologies to residential customers in all geographies in which Centrica operates.
The Hive smart thermostat and other products and services help the customers in the areas of home energy management and home automation the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Canada and the US. During FY2016, the company installed 527,000 cumulative hubs and launched five new products.
In FY2016, the Connected Home segment reported revenues of GBP25 million, which accounted for 0.1% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four geographies, namely the UK, North America, Norway and Rest of the World. In FY2016, the UK segment accounted for 53.4% of the company's total revenues, followed by North America with 38.7%; Norway with 1.4%; and Rest of the World with 6.5%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Centrica plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Centrica plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Centrica plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Centrica plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Centrica plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Centrica plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Centrica plc?
- How has Centrica plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Centrica plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Centrica plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Centrica plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Centrica plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years