Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA is a holding company of 14 Brazilian electricity companies which operates in the generation, transmission, distribution and trading business. These include Eletrobras Furnas, Eletrobras Chesf, Eletrobras Eletronorte, Eletrobras Eletrosul, Eletrobras Eletronuclear, Eletrobras CGTEE, Eletrobras Amazonas Geracao e Transmissao, Eletrobras Distribuicao Amazonas, Eletrobras Distribuicao Roraima, Eletrobras Distribuicao Alagoas, Eletrobras Distribuicao Piaui, Eletrobras Distribuicao Rondonia and Eletroacre, a holding company (Eletrobras Eletropar), a research center (Cepel) and it also holds 50% of Itaipu Binacional, on behalf of the government. The Brazilian federal government owns 54.46% of Eletrobras. The company is present in Brazil and other countries of South America, including Argentina and Uruguay.
Eletrobras operates through three operating business segments: Transmission, Generation and Distribution.
The Transmission segment constructs and operates transmission lines with a view to transferring large electricity volumes from the generating facilities to the distribution system, thereby interconnecting the several country regions. Eletrobras is responsible for 3,571 kilometers (km) of transmission lines.
In FY2016, the Transmission segment reported revenues of BRL33,555.7 million, which accounted for 53.2% of the company's total revenue.
Through the Generation segment, the company is engaged in supply of energy to distribution companies and end consumers. Eletrobras has an installed capacity of 46,857 megawatts (MW) of electric power generation as of December 31, 2016. There are 47 hydroelectric plants with an installed capacity of 40,870 MW; 114 thermoelectric plants with an installed capacity of 2,991.7 MW; approximately 60 wind farms; two nuclear power plants with installed capacity of 1,350 MW; and one solar power plant. Some of the important plants include: Tucurui, the Brazilian part of Itaipu Binational, Paulo Afonso Complex, Xingo, Angra 1 and Angra 2, Serra da Mesa, Furnas and Sobradinho. In FY2016, Eletrobras generated a total of 219.1 million megawatt-hours (MWh) of electricity.
In FY2016, the Generation segment reported revenues of BRL17,888.5 million, which accounted for 28.4% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Distribution segment explores the construction and operation of electric power distribution networks in urban centers intended for end consumers. The Distribution segment operates in two states of the Northeast region, in four states of the North region, and in the state of Goias, benefitting over seven million consumers. The company has 478,769 km of distribution lines and a total of 555 substations, spanning across 700 municipalities. The segment is made up of Amazonas D, CEAL, CEPISA, Eletroacre, CERON, Boa Vista Energia and CELG-D. During FY2016, the company sold a total of 162.1 terawatt-hours (TWh) of electricity.
In FY2016, the Distribution segment reported revenues of BRL11,591.5 million, which accounted for 18.4% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
- What domain does Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.?
- How has Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years