Centene Corporation is one of the diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprises in the US. It provides programs and services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals.
The company has regulated subsidiaries offering healthcare services in Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, New Hampshire, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Louisiana, Minnesota, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas, California, Washington and Wisconsin.
The company operates through two business segments: managed care and specialty services. Centene's managed care segment provides health plan coverage to individuals through government subsidized programs, including Medicaid, the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), long-term care (LTC), Foster Care, dual eligible individuals in Medicare Special Needs Plans and Supplemental Security Income Program, also known as the Aged, Blind or Disabled Program (ABD).
The segment provides health plan coverage to individuals covered through federally-facilitated and state-based health insurance marketplaces (HIM). The managed care segment also provides primary and specialty physician care; transportation assistance; inpatient and outpatient hospital care; vision care; emergency and urgent care.
The programs also include dental care; prenatal care; immunizations; laboratory and x-ray services; prescriptions and limited over-the-counter drugs; home health and durable medical equipment; therapies; behavioral health and substance abuse services; social work services; care coordination; and 24-hour nurse advice line. As of December 31, 2016, the managed care segment recorded revenues of $37,523 million, an increase of 82.6% over FY2015.
The company's specialty services segment offers specialty services, including behavioral health, care management software, in-home health services, correctional systems healthcare, individual health insurance, life and health management, managed vision, telehealth services, and pharmacy benefits management and specialty pharmacy to state programs, correctional facilities, healthcare organizations, employer groups and other commercial organizations, as well as to its subsidiaries.
The specialty services segment recorded revenues of $3,084 million in FY2016, an increase of 39.2% over FY2015. Centene provides member-focused services through locally based staff by assisting in accessing care, coordinating referrals to related health and social services and addressing member concerns and questions. It also offers education and outreach programs to inform and assist members in accessing healthcare services.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Centene Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Centene Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Centene Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Centene Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Centene Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Centene Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Centene Corporation?
- How has Centene Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Centene Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Centene Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Centene Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Centene Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years