CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the production, distribution and marketing of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related construction materials. The company operates in more than 50 countries across the Americas, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, Middle East and Africa. As of December 31. 2016, Cemex had an annual production capacity of 92.9 million metric tons of cement. Cemex operates through four reportable segments: cement, concrete, aggregates, and others.
The company’s cement segment generates its revenues by selling cement to individual customers, institutions and construction markets throughout the world. The division produces different varieties of cement such as gray ordinary portland cement, white portland cement, masonry or mortar, oil-well cement and blended cement.
In FY2016, the cement segment operated 54 plants with an annual production capacity of 92.9 million metric tons. It also operated 242 land-distribution centers, 305 aggregate quarries, and 63 marine terminals. As of December 31, 2016, the cement segment reported revenue of MXN128,706 million or 39.8% of the company’s total revenue, excluding eliminations. The concrete division of Cemex develops and produces a number of concrete products for specific requirements such as building structures, textures, facilities with germ-free environment, insulating, acid resistance. Cemex offers a special concrete portfolio, comprised of such products as ultra-rapid hardening concrete, crack-resistant/low shrinkage concrete, self-consolidating concrete (SCC), architectural concrete, pervious concrete, and others.
In FY2016, the concrete division owned and operated 1,555 ready-mix plants and had an annual production capacity of 52 million cubic meters. As of December 31, 2016, the concrete segment reported revenue of MXN98,826 million or 30.6% of the company’s total revenue, excluding eliminations.
The aggregates segment of the company is engaged in selling aggregates which are used to produce different types of ready-mix concrete and related construction materials.
The segment offers a wide variety of aggregates including crushed stone and manufactured sand; gravel; sand; and recycled concrete. It caters to construction and maintenance of highways, walkways, parking lots, airport runways, railways; and also for agriculture, manufacturing, and various other industries.
In FY2016, the segment owned 305 aggregate quarries with an annual production capacity of 151 million tons. As of December 31, 2016, the aggregates segment reported revenue of MXN41,111 million or 12.7% of the company’s total revenue, excluding eliminations. The others segment includes sale of other construction materials which do not include in the above three major segments.
The segment offers products such as asphalt, concrete blocks, roof tiles, architectural products, pipes and other precast products including rail products, concrete floors, box culverts, bridges, drainage basins, barriers, and parking curbs. It also offers services such as ATM-like bulk cement dispatch system, customer-oriented educational and training services, construction financing services, mobile solutions, and online services. In FY2016, the segment operated 247 land distribution centers and 63 marine terminals. As of December 31, 2016, the others segment reported revenue of MXN54,373 million or 16.8% of the company’s total revenue, excluding eliminations.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.?
- How has CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years