Celgene is a global integrated biopharmaceutical company. It is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative therapies designed to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases. The company operates in the US, Europe and other countries. Celgene's marketed products include Revlimid, Pomalyst/Imnovid, Abraxane, Vidaza, Otezla, Thalomid, Azacitidine for injection, and Istodax. Revlimid (lenalidomide) is an oral immunomodulatory drug marketed in the US and many international markets, in combination with dexamethasone, for treatment of patients with multiple myeloma and for the treatment of transfusion-dependent anemia due to low- or intermediate-1-risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
As of December 2016, the Revlimid segment recorded revenues of $6,973.6 million, an increase of 20.2% over FY2015. Pomalyst/Imnovid is a proprietary, distinct, small molecule that is administered orally and modulates the immune system and other biologically important targets. It received its first approvals from the FDA and the EC. The Pomalyst/Imnovid segment recorded revenues of $1,310.7 million in FY2016, an increase of 33.3% over FY2015.
Abraxane (paclitaxel albumin-bound particles for injectable suspension) is a solvent-free chemotherapy treatment option for metastatic breast cancer. The company developed Abraxane using its proprietary nab technology platform.
Abraxane is is approved for the treatment of patients with metastatic breast; non-small cell lung cancer; pancreatic cancer, unresectable pancreatic cancer and gastric cancer. The Abraxane segment recorded revenues of $973.4 million in FY2016, an increase of 0.6% over FY2015. Vidaza (azacitidine for injection) is a pyrimidine nucleoside analog that has been shown to reverse the effects of DNA hypermethylation and promote subsequent gene re-expression. Vidaza is a Category 1 recommended treatment for patients with intermediate-2 and high-risk MDS. The Vidaza segment recorded revenues of $608 million in FY2016, a decrease of 2.9% over FY2015. Otezla is an oral small-molecule inhibitor of phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) specific for cyclic adenosine monophosphate. It is used for the treatment of patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The Otezla segment recorded revenues of $1,017.2 million in FY2016, an increase of 115.6% over FY2015.
Thalomid (thalidomide) is marketed for patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma and erythema nodosum leprosum. The Thalomid segment recorded revenues of $152.1 million in FY2016, a decrease of 18% over FY2015. Azacitidine for injection (Vidaza) is a pyrimidine nucleoside analog that has been shown to reverse the effects of DNA hypermethylation and promote subsequent gene re-expression. It is a Category 1 recommended treatment for patients with intermediate-2 and high-risk MDS, according to the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and is marketed in the US for the treatment of all subtypes of MDS. The Azacitidine for injection segment recorded revenues of $66 million in FY2016, a decrease of 21.3% over FY2015. Istodax (romidepsin) is used for the treatment of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) and peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL).
Istodax has received Orphan Drug designation for the treatment of non-Hodgkin's T-cell lymphomas, which include CTCL and PTCL from the European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (EMA). The Istodax segment recorded revenues of $79.3 million in FY2016, an increase of 14.8% over FY2015.
Celgene also derives revenues from a licensing agreement with Novartis, which entitles the company to royalties on Focalin XR and the entire Ritalin family of drugs, and sales of bio-therapeutic products and services through its Cellular Therapeutics subsidiary. Geographically, the US, Celgene Corporation's largest geographical market, accounted for 62.4% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached $7,009.5 million in FY2016, an increase of 22.1% over FY2015. Europe accounted for 27.1% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Europe reached $3,046.4 million in FY2016, an increase of 16.1% over FY2015. Other accounted for 10.4% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from other reached $1,173.3 million in FY2016, an increase of 14.2% over FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Celgene Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Celgene Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Celgene Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Celgene Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Celgene Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Celgene Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Celgene Corporation?
- How has Celgene Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Celgene Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Celgene Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Celgene Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Celgene Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years