Celanese Corporation is a global technology and specialty materials company. It is involved in the manufacture and distribution of specialty and intermediate chemical products. The company has facilities located in North America, Europe and Asia that include 23 production facilities and an additional eight strategic affiliate production facilities.
The company operates through the following four business segments: acetyl intermediates, advanced engineered materials, industrial specialties, and consumer specialties.
The company's acetyl intermediates segment includes the company's intermediate chemistry business that produces and supplies acetyl products including acetic acid, vinyl acetate monomer (VAM), and acetic anhydride and acetate esters.
These products are generally used as starting materials for colorants, paints, adhesives, coatings and medicines. The acetyl intermediates segment also produces organic solvents and intermediates for pharmaceutical, agricultural and chemical products. The intermediate chemistry business has production sites in China, Germany, Mexico, Singapore and the US. As of December 31, 2016, the acetyl intermediates segment recorded revenues of $2,441 million, a decrease of 11% as compared to FY2015. Celanese's advanced engineered materials segment develops, produces and supplies a portfolio of engineered materials for application in automotive and electronics products, and other consumer and industrial applications.
Some of the key products include polyoxymethylene (POM), ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE), polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), long-fiber reinforced thermoplastics (LFRT), and liquid crystal polymers (LCP). The segment's products are used in various end-use products including automotive components, medical devices, electronics, appliances, industrial applications, battery separators, conveyor belts, filtration equipment, coatings, and electrical applications and products.The advanced engineered materials segment recorded revenues of $1,444 million in FY2016, anincrease of 8.9% as compared to FY2015. Celanese's industrial specialties segment includes the emulsion polymers and EVA polymers businesses.
The company's emulsion polymers business is a producer of vinyl acetate-based emulsions and develops products and application technologies for paints and coatings, adhesives, construction, glass fiber, textiles and paper. The business has production facilities in Canada, China, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and the US.
The emulsion polymers products are sold under globally and regionally recognized brands including EcoVAE, Mowilith, Vinamul, Celvolit, Duroset, TufCOR and Avicor. The company's EVA polymers business is a manufacturer of several specialty EVA resins and compounds as well as select grades of low-density polyethylene. Sold under Ateva and VitalDose brands, these products are used in many applications, including flexible packaging films, lamination film products, hot melt adhesives, medical products, automotive parts and carpeting.
The EVA polymers business has a production facility in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.The industrial specialties segment recorded revenues of $979 million in FY2016, a decrease of 9.5% as compared to FY2015. The company's consumer specialties segment includes the cellulose derivatives and food ingredients businesses. The company's cellulose derivatives business is a producer and supplier of acetate flake, acetate film and acetate tow, primarily used in filter products applications.
The company's food ingredients business is a supplier of ingredients for the food and beverage, and pharmaceuticals industries; and is a producer of food protection ingredients such as potassium sorbates and sorbic acid. The company's food ingredients business produces and sells the Qorus sweetener system and Sunett sweeteners. It operates a production facility in Germany, with sales and distribution facilities in all major regions of the world.The consumer specialties segment recorded revenues of $929 million in FY2016, a decrease of 4.1% as compared to FY2015. Geographically, Germany, Celanese's largest geographical market, accounted for 28.6% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Germany reached $1,540 million in FY2016, a decrease of 13.4% as compared to FY2015.The US accounted for 26.9% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached $1,451 million in FY2016, a decrease of 0.8% as compared to FY2015.China accounted for 13.8% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from China reached $745 million in FY2016, a decrease of 6.9% as compared to FY2015.Singapore accounted for 14.1% of the total revenues in FY2016.
Revenues from Singapore reached $758 million in FY2016, an increase of 7.8% over FY2015. Belgium accounted for 7.6% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Belgium reached $408 million in FY2016, a decrease of 2.2% as compared to FY2015.Mexico accounted for 4% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Mexico reached $214 million in FY2016, anincrease of 4.9% as compared to FY2015.Canada accounted for 2.3% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Canada reached $123 million in FY2016, a decrease of 24.1% as compared to FY2015.Other countries accounted for 2.8% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from other countries reached $150 million in FY2016, anincrease of 2.7% as compared to FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Celanese Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Celanese Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Celanese Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Celanese Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Celanese Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Celanese Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Celanese Corporation?
- How has Celanese Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Celanese Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Celanese Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Celanese Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Celanese Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years