Casella Waste Systems is the US based solid waste, recycling, and resource management services company. The company provides collection, transfer, disposal, landfill, landfill gas-to-energy, recycling and organics services. The company operates in six states in the US: Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Maine and Pennsylvania.
The company's services include collection, recycling, disposal, Organics, Energy and landfills.
In addition, Casella offers professional services including account and multi-site management; consolidated billing and reporting; sourcing and third party logistics; vendor management and compliance; hazardous, special, regulated waste services; and onsite services
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely Eastern, Western, Recycling, and Other. In FY2016, Eastern segment accounted for 31.2% of the company's total revenues, followed by Western with 41.3%; Recycling with 9.4%; and Other with 18.1%.
Casella provides waste collection services to residential and commercial customers. It provides a range of options for homeowners from simple weekly pick-ups to customized waste and recycling collection. The company provides a range of permanent and temporary collection programs for businesses throughout the north eastern US. Casella provides temporary waste collection services for the construction and remodeling, demolition, house and basement clean-outs, special events, or any other short-term project.
The company's residential collection and disposal services are performed either on a subscription basis (with no underlying contract) with individuals, or through contracts with municipalities, homeowner associations, apartment building owners or mobile home park operators.
The company mechanically sorts all types of recyclables such as paper, cardboard, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, tin cans, glass bottles, which are placed in a larger single bin by the customers through Zero-Sort Recycling program.
Casella's material recovery facilities (MRFs) receive, sort, bale and resell recyclable materials, including newsprint, cardboard, office paper, containers and bottles. The company's MRFs, two of which are located in Vermont, two in Massachusetts and two in New York, which process over 0.5 million tons per year of recycled materials delivered to them by municipalities and commercial customers under long-term contracts. It also operate MRFs as a part of its core solid waste operations, which generally process recyclables collected from the company's various residential collection operations.
The company's network of transfer stations and landfill disposal sites are positioned to service most municipalities and communities across the region. Its sites are permitted to accept non-hazardous waste streams. The company's transfer stations receive, compact and transfer solid waste collected primarily by its various residential and commercial collection operations, for transport to disposal facilities by larger vehicles.
Casella's landfills include The North Country Environmental Services (NCES) landfill in Bethlehem, New Hampshire; Waste USA landfill in Coventry, Vermont; Clinton County landfill in Schuyler Falls, New York; Juniper Ridge; Southbridge; Hyland landfill in Angelica, New York; Ontario County landfill; Hakes C&D landfill in Campbell, New York; Chemung County landfill; and McKean landfill.
The company owns and operates 34 solid waste collection operations, 44 transfer stations, 18 recycling facilities, nine Subtitle D landfills, four landfill gas-to-energy facilities, and one landfill permitted to accept construction and demolition (C&D) materials.
Casella holds membership interests in Tompkins County Recycling LLC (Tompkins), a joint venture that operates a material recovery facility (MRF) located in Tompkins County, New York, and processes and sells commodities delivered to the facility.
The company holds a 51% membership interest in Casella-Altela Regional Environmental Services, LLC (CARES), a joint venture that develops, owns and operates water treatment projects for the natural gas drilling industry in Pennsylvania and New York and can also be used to treat leachate at its landfills; and a 19.9% ownership interest in Evergreen National Indemnity Company (Evergreen), a surety company which provides surety bonds to secure contractual performance for municipal solid waste (MSW) collection contracts and landfill closure and post-closure obligations. The company also invests in AGreen Energy LLC (AGreen), a joint venture that is engaged in the nutrient management, renewable energy, and water technologies to small and medium sized farms. The company's 'Earthlife' soils products provide an array of recycled organic fertilizers, composts, and mulches that help its customers recycle organic waste streams.
Casella's other subsidiaries include AGreen Energy, LLC; All Cycle Waste, Inc.; Blow Bros; CARES McKean, LLC; Colebrook Landfill LLC; Evergreen National Indemnity Company; North Country Environmental Services, Inc.; and Sunderland Waste Management, Inc.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Casella Waste Systems, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Casella Waste Systems, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Casella Waste Systems, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Casella Waste Systems, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Casella Waste Systems, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Casella Waste Systems, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Casella Waste Systems, Inc.?
- How has Casella Waste Systems, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Casella Waste Systems, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Casella Waste Systems, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Casella Waste Systems, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Casella Waste Systems, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years