Carlsberg A/S is one of the leading brewing companies in the world. It is engaged in the production, marketing and sale of beer under more than 140 brands. Carlsberg's beer range comprises pilsner, strong pilsner, non-alcoholic beer, seasonal brews, wheat beer, ale, stout, Vienna, Munich, light pilsner, bock, barley wine and Radler.
The company's brand portfolio includes well-known international premium brands such as Carlsberg, Tuborg, Kronenbourg 1664, Grimbergen and Somersby, and strong local brands such as Karhu in Finland, Ringnes in Norway, Feldschlosschen in Switzerland, Baltika in Russia, Lvivske in Ukraine, Skoll and Wusu in China, Huda in Vietnam and Beerlao in Laos. Apart from beer, the company also produces soft drinks, energy drinks and ciders under Sinebrychoff brand.
In accordance with the company's management and reporting structure, beverage activities are segmented according to the geographical regions where production takes place.
The company operates through three geographic segments: Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia. Carlsberg is the second largest brewers in Western Europe. Through Western Europe segment, Carlsberg sells its products in France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Portugal and Germany. Other significant markets of Carlsberg within Western Europe include Poland, the UK, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, and Greece.
In FY2016, the company operated in these countries through a network of 21 breweries. As of December 2016, the segment reported revenue of DKK37,597 million or 60.2% of the company’s total revenue. The company’s Eastern Europe segment has a significant presence in the growth markets of Russia and Ukraine. The company also has presence in Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan.
The company operates 14 breweries in this region, including eight in Russia alone. In FY2016, Russia accounted for 47 liters of per capita beer consumption, followed by Belarus (45 liters), Ukraine (40 liters), Kazakhstan (28 liters), and Azerbaijan (4 liters). As of December 2016, the segment reported revenue of DKK10,205 million or 16.3% of the company’s total revenue.
The Asia segment of Calsberg comprises business operations across Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, and Vietnam. Carlsberg operates through a network of 42 breweries in Asia, with majority of them in China alone. As of December 2016, the segment reported revenue of DKK DKK14,666 million or 23.5% of the company’s total revenue. Carlsberg also exports its products to more than 150 markets with international portfolio of beer brands such as Carlsberg, Tuborg, Kronenbourg 1664, and Holsten. Carlsberg Export License and Duty Free (ExLiD) is responsible for the company's export and license business in markets where Carlsberg does not have its own breweries. Furthermore, ExLiD is in charge of the duty free sales to airports, airlines, ferry lines, border trade etc. Major subsidiaries of Carlsberg include Carlsberg Denmark A/S, Carlsberg Sverige AB, Carlsberg Bulgaria AD, Baltika Breweries OAO and Carlsberg Brewery Hong Kong Ltd.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Carlsberg A/S in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Carlsberg A/S listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Carlsberg A/S’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Carlsberg A/S’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Carlsberg A/S’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Carlsberg A/S operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Carlsberg A/S?
- How has Carlsberg A/S performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Carlsberg A/S rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Carlsberg A/S strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Carlsberg A/S’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Carlsberg A/S? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years