Carl Zeiss Meditec offers complete solutions to diagnose and treat ophthalmic diseases by providing medical solutions; and visualization products. The company operates in the US, the UK, Japan, Germany, Turkey, Spain, and France.
The company operates its business through two segments: Ophthalmic Devices and Microsurgery (MCS).
Carl Zeiss' Ophthalmic Devices segment offers products and solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases; and systems and consumables for cataract, retinal, and refractive surgery. The Carl Zeiss Meditec group product portfolio include optical coherence tomography (OCT) devices such as cirrus HD-OCT, and cirrus photo; humphrey field analyzers; fundus cameras such as VISUCAM, and VISUSCOUT; slit lamp SL 130; therapeutic lasers; refractive lasers such as VisuMax and MEL 90; optical biometers; ophthalmic microscopes; phacoemulsification and vitrectomy devices; intraocular lenses; and ophthalmic viscoelastics. In FY2016, the Ophthalmic Devices segment reported revenues of EUR791.9 million, which accounted for 72.8% of the company's total revenue.
Carl Zeiss' Microsurgery segment provides visualization solutions for minimally invasive surgical treatments. It offers surgical microscopes for neurosurgery; ear, nose and throat (ENT); plastic and reconstructive (P and R) surgery, as well as dental surgery and spinal surgery. Its products include surgical microscopes for neurosurgery and spinal surgery; surgical microscopes for plastic, reconstructive surgery, and ENT surgery; dental microscopes; and intraoperative radiotherapy. The company offers surgical microscopes under the brands OPMI Pentero, OPMI Vario, OPMI Pico and Intrabeam. In FY2016, the Microsurgery segment reported revenues of EUR296.5 million, which accounted for 27.2% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely Germany, USA, Japan and Europe (excluding Germany). In FY2016, Germany segment accounted for 48.0% of the company's total revenues, followed by USA with 31.8%; Japan with 9.5%; and Europe (excluding Germany) with 10.7%.
The company's subsidiaries include Carl Zeiss Meditec Asset Management, Carl Zeiss Meditec Co Ltd, Carl Zeiss Meditec France, Atlantic SAS, Carl Zeiss Meditec Iberia, and France Chirurgie Instrumentation.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Carl Zeiss Meditec AG listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Carl Zeiss Meditec AG’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Carl Zeiss Meditec AG’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Carl Zeiss Meditec AG operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG?
- How has Carl Zeiss Meditec AG performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Carl Zeiss Meditec AG rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Carl Zeiss Meditec AG strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Carl Zeiss Meditec AG’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years