Carl Zeiss is a Germany-based company engaged in the fields of optics and optoelectronics. The company develops, produces and distributes measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. It operates in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Americas and Australia.
The company operates through four business segments: Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology; Research and Quality Technology; Medical Technology; and Vision Care/Consumer Optics.
Carl Zeiss’ Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology segment offers lithography optics, the technology required for microchip production; optics systems, which are used in the manufacture of semiconductors; and photomask systems that are used in the manufacture of photomasks. In FY2016, the Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology segment reported revenues of EUR972.0 million, which accounted for 19.9% of the company's total revenue including others.
The company's Research and Quality Technology segment comprises industrial metrology and microscope system divisions. The company's Research and Quality Technology segment develops and produces horizontal-arm and production measuring machines, form, contour and surface measuring machines, and computer tomographs for industry quality assurance. The segment also includes microscopy; light, ion, electron and X-ray microscopes for use in the fields of life sciences and material search, as well as for industrial quality checks. In FY2016, the Research and Quality Technology segment reported revenues of EUR1,466.0 million, which accounted for 30.0% of the company's total revenue.
Carl Zeiss’ Medical Technology segment is involved in developing, manufacturing, marketing and sale of medical systems such as diagnostic systems and therapy systems. The company's Medical Technology segment also offers implants and consumables in the field of ophthalmology; and visualization systems for microsurgery. The segment also provides digitalization and system integration solutions in the medical sector. In FY2016, the Medical Technology segment reported revenues of EUR1,290.0 million, which accounted for 26.4% of the company's total revenue.
The company through its Vision Care/Consumer Optics segment provides camera and cine lenses, binoculars, hunting optics, spotting scopes, planetariums, sighting systems for simulation and various copes. The company's Vision Care/Consumer optics segment is engaged in providing eyeglasses and also includes services such as vision testing, consultation and measurement services. In FY2016, the Vision Care/Consumer Optics segment reported revenues of EUR1,089.0 million, which accounted for 22.3% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely EMEA, Americas, APAC, Cooperation partners. In FY2016, EMEA segment accounted for 33.0% of the company's total revenues, followed by Americas with 25.8%; APAC with 23.0%; Cooperation partners with 18.2%;
Carl Zeiss' subsidiaries include Carl Zeiss (Pty.) Ltd., Carl Zeiss (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Carl Zeiss Co., Ltd., Carl Zeiss do Brasil Ltda., Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC, Carl Zeiss Pte. Ltd., Carl Zeiss Pty. Ltd., Carl Zeiss GmbH, Carl Zeiss Vision Nederland B.V., and Carl Zeiss Vision UK Limited.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Carl Zeiss AG in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Carl Zeiss AG listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Carl Zeiss AG’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Carl Zeiss AG’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Carl Zeiss AG’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Carl Zeiss AG operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Carl Zeiss AG?
- How has Carl Zeiss AG performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Carl Zeiss AG rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Carl Zeiss AG strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Carl Zeiss AG’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Carl Zeiss AG? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years