Cardinal Health, Inc. offers healthcare services and products to hospital systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices. It operates in the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
The company operates through two business segments: pharmaceutical and medical.
In the US, the pharmaceutical segment of the company focuses on distributing branded and generic pharmaceutical, over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare, and consumer products through its pharmaceutical distribution business to retailers (including chain and independent drug stores and pharmacy departments of supermarkets and mass merchandisers), hospitals, and other healthcare providers. This business also renders services including distribution, inventory management, data reporting, new product launch support, and contract pricing and chargeback administration to pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The pharmaceutical segment operates nuclear pharmacies and cyclotron facilities through its nuclear pharmacy services division that manufacture, prepare and deliver radiopharmaceuticals for use in nuclear imaging and other procedures in hospitals and physician offices. It also distributes specialty pharmaceutical products hospitals and other healthcare providers; provides consulting, patient support and other services for specialty pharmaceutical products to pharmaceutical manufacturers and healthcare providers; and provides specialty pharmacy services through its specialty solutions division. The segment is also constructing a sterile facility to contract manufacture a radiopharmaceutical for prostate cancer treatment.
In China, the pharmaceutical segment distributes branded, generic and specialty pharmaceuticals, OTC and consumer products. It also provides logistics, marketing and other services and operates direct-to-patient specialty pharmacies through its subsidiary, Cardinal Health China.
The medical segment distributes a range of national and cardinal health brand medical, surgical and laboratory products and provides services to hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and other healthcare providers in the US, Canada and China. The segment also provides its own line of higher-margin, Cardinal Health Brand medical and surgical products. Manufactured products include single-use surgical drapes, gowns and apparel; exam and surgical gloves; fluid suction and collection systems, cardiovascular products and endovascular products; wound care products; and orthopedic products. This segment also offers sterile and non-sterile procedure kits. These products are sold directly or through third-party distributors in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Latin America and other regions internationally. In addition, the segment provides supply chain services, including spend management, distribution management, and inventory management services, to healthcare providers.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Cardinal Health, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Cardinal Health, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Cardinal Health, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Cardinal Health, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Cardinal Health, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Cardinal Health, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Cardinal Health, Inc.?
- How has Cardinal Health, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Cardinal Health, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Cardinal Health, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Cardinal Health, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Cardinal Health, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years