Capstone Turbine Corporation is engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of turbine generator sets and related parts and service for use in stationary distributed power generation applications, including cogeneration (combined heat and power (CHP), integrated combined heat and power (ICHP), and combined cooling, heat and power (CCHP)), renewable energy, natural resources and critical power supply.
It primarily operates in the US. The company provides micro-turbines designed for commercial, industrial, and utility users, ranging from 30 kilowatts (KW) up to one megawatt in electric power output. The 65 kilowatts (C65) micro-turbine can produce heat to provide hot water to a 100-room hotel, while also providing about one-third of its electrical requirements. Its 200 kilowatts (C200) micro-turbine is suited for hotels, office buildings, and wastewater treatment plants, among others. Capstone's micro-turbines fuel sources include natural gas, propane, sour gas, renewable fuels such as landfill or digester gas, kerosene, diesel and biodiesel.
Capstone sells complete micro-turbine units, subassemblies, components and various accessories. The company also re-manufactures micro-turbine engines and provides after-market parts and services. Its micro-turbines are sold through distributors and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The distributors purchase products for the sale to end users and provides application engineering and installation support.
The company's electrical output units can be paralleled in multiple unit configurations through its power server product and a digital communications cable to serve installations requiring electrical loads up to 10 megawatts. Its products can operate connected to the electric utility grid as a current source; on a stand-alone basis as a voltage source; and can support loads as a virtual single unit, and in dual mode, where the micro-turbine operates connected to the electric utility grid or operates independently.
It also provides C65 and C200 ICHP systems. These systems combine the standard C65 and C200 micro-turbine unit with a heat recovery module that provides electricity and heats water.
Capstone provides various accessories for its products, including rotary gas compressors with digital controls, heat recovery modules for CHP applications, dual mode controllers that allow automatic transition between grid connect and stand-alone modes, batteries with digital controls for stand-alone or dual-mode operations, power servers for multi-packed installations, protocol converters for internet access, packaging options and miscellaneous parts such as frames, exhaust ducting and installation hardware.
It also sells micro-turbine components and subassemblies to OEMs. Capstone electronic controls manage micro-turbines using Capstone's software and algorithms. In addition, its Capstone Remote Monitoring Software (CRMS) allows end users to operate and manage the micro-turbine. In FY2017, C1000 accounted for 27.9% of the company’s total revenue, followed by accessories and parts with 19.5%, service with 17.9%, C65 with 15.6%, C600 with 6.5%, C800 with 5.9%, C30 with 3.4%, C200 with 2.4%, unit upgrades with 0.7%, and waste heat recovery generator with 0.2%.
Geographically, Capstone operates in the US, All other Europe, Russia, Australia, Asia, Mexico, and All other. In FY2017, the US accounted for 43.7% of the company’s total revenue, followed by All other Europe with 18.8%, Russia with 10.9%, Australia with 6.5%, Asia with 6.4%, Mexico with 3.6%, and All other with 10.1%. The company sells micro-turbines through distributors and its distributors install the micro-turbines. It also provides service directly through its factory protection plan (FPP) or by the distributors.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Capstone Turbine Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Capstone Turbine Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Capstone Turbine Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Capstone Turbine Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Capstone Turbine Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Capstone Turbine Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Capstone Turbine Corporation?
- How has Capstone Turbine Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Capstone Turbine Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Capstone Turbine Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Capstone Turbine Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Capstone Turbine Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years